Cats

Besides shooting them with an air-rifle (which I do not do, but the Crossman rabbit stopper is ready for action if problems persist) what would you do to keep cats off.

I have a sonar scarer, pepper, and special 'wilkos' cat spray. Found a 7" mirror carp on the side of the sleepers this morning, sporting a rather funky lack of head, tail and half it's body.

Short of termination and discreet disposal of the culprit demon what is the best human method of dealing with this!!

Ian W

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Tricky one. I suppose a net would be the most common solution.

Personally, I'd try to build up the edges of the pond out of a loose surface, as cats hate being off balance. They also hate getting wet.

Actually, a sprinkly fountain might deter them...

Anglers' Net Shopping Partners - Please Support Your Forum

CLICK HERE for all your Amazon purchases - books, photography equipment, DVD's and more!

CLICK HERE for Go Outdoors. HUGE discounts!

FOLLOW ANGLERS' NET ON TWITTER- CLICK HERE - @anglersnet

PLEASE 'LIKE' US ON FACEBOOK - CLICK HERE

You leave my wife out of this!

Anglers' Net Shopping Partners - Please Support Your Forum

CLICK HERE for all your Amazon purchases - books, photography equipment, DVD's and more!

CLICK HERE for Go Outdoors. HUGE discounts!

FOLLOW ANGLERS' NET ON TWITTER- CLICK HERE - @anglersnet

PLEASE 'LIKE' US ON FACEBOOK - CLICK HERE

Anybody know the name of that lily? Just so I don't buy some by accident, wouldn't want to harm the neighbours 3 cats or any of the others that have feasted on koi....

John S

Quanti Canicula Ille In Fenestra

Species caught in 2017 Common Ash, Hawthorn, Hazel, Scots Pine, White Willow.

Species caught in 2016: Alder, Blackthorn, Common Ash, Crab Apple, Left Earlobe, Pedunculate Oak, Rock Whitebeam, Scots Pine, Smooth-leaved Elm, Swan, Wayfaring tree.

Species caught in 2015: Ash, Bird Cherry, Black-Headed Gull, Common Hazel, Common Whitebeam, Elder, Field Maple, Gorse, Puma, Sessile Oak, White Willow.

Species caught in 2014: Big Angry Man's Ear, Blackthorn, Common Ash, Common Whitebeam, Downy Birch, European Beech, European Holly, Hawthorn, Hazel, Scots Pine, Wych Elm.
Species caught in 2013: Beech, Elder, Hawthorn, Oak, Right Earlobe, Scots Pine.

Species caught in 2012: Ash, Aspen, Beech, Big Nasty Stinging Nettle, Birch, Copper Beech, Grey Willow, Holly, Hazel, Oak, Wasp Nest (that was a really bad day), White Poplar.
Species caught in 2011: Blackthorn, Crab Apple, Elder, Fir, Hawthorn, Horse Chestnut, Oak, Passing Dog, Rowan, Sycamore, Willow.
Species caught in 2010: Ash, Beech, Birch, Elder, Elm, Gorse, Mullberry, Oak, Poplar, Rowan, Sloe, Willow, Yew.

A wire trace noose on thier patrol route and wack the hose-pipe out.

Or go to you neighbours and tell them how much worth of beloved fish thier cat has eaten and if you see it in your garden again he's going in the pot.

Maybe get a camera and have the owners visited by the police if it happens again..... surly it must be against the law, if my dog ate a cat it would be killed.

Cheers

<º))))><.·´¯`·.ÐÅѸ.·´¯`·.¸><((((º>

IPB Image

Cats eating fish isn't against the law I don't think - Cats are known predators.

Dogs and cats are treated very very differently in law, although why god knows. Owners have full responsibility for dogs - the same doesn't apply to cats I believe. That said I was also under the impression that you don't (legally) have to report hitting a cat in your car but you must report hitting a dog. My statements above might be wrong, just in case any of you have ideas about those buggers that fall asleep under your wheels (happens all the time here).

Again, I'd be interested to know the name of that lilly. If a cat has complete freedom to be a predator then surely the consequences (if natural) are all part of the course!

I lost a mirror this week. Last summer two excellent (and valuable) Sturgeons. The sonar stops all but one regular suspect (a big ginger sod).

Ian W