Cats

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I agree with Cory (as I said earlier). Cat owners do not have a responsibility for the cat or it's actions.

However...

At the same time I think it also means cats do have less rights (like I said, you do not need to report hitting a cat in your car - although morally you probably should).

Tyke - What about foxes? I was always taught (that the evil vermin that should be hunted ruthlessly by dim witted beagles and men on horses) if they get into a chicken coup will kill all the chickens but only eat the one. I live in Louth, which does (or did) have a hunt, so my view on foxes might not be technically correct (just what I know from locals).

I've a great new idea though to appease all parties...give the cats to fox hunters and let them chase them bloody things. It then also resolves my fish issue and protestors don't have a leg to stand on since dogs will attack cats anywhere!

Ian W

• 7 months later...

all this talk of killing cat! :unsure:

u can get water sprinklers that can be fitted into a flowerbed etc (very discrete)

that gose off when a heron or cat, fox aproaches the pond, and simply switched off

when you go out ther! way better if i thought sombody had killed my cat

or it came in with a pellet in it for the sake of a fish! it wouldnt just be the cat that needed medical attention!

the sprinklers ar pricy but worth it concidering the cost of koi!

also who wonts to put a net over ther lovely fish!

Hi Mate.

What about electric fencing? sounds extreme, but it would only take 2 wires round the pond, a car battery and a fencer unit. You could turn it off easily when you need to get to the pond. It keeps the foxes away from my pheasant poults, dont see why it shouldn't work on cats....

Any more info needed, give me a shout.

Cheers, James

Besides shooting them with an air-rifle (which I do not do, but the Crossman rabbit stopper is ready for action if problems persist) what would you do to keep cats off.

I have a sonar scarer, pepper, and special 'wilkos' cat spray. Found a 7" mirror carp on the side of the sleepers this morning, sporting a rather funky lack of head, tail and half it's body.

Short of termination and discreet disposal of the culprit demon what is the best human method of dealing with this!!

Might sound daft but have you thought of getting your own cat. We have had up to 6 of them at one time. I have 2 ponds, one with Koi and one with Comets, Orfe and other general fish, our cats drink from the ponds and have not touched one fish. Might be a terratorial thing :huh: , They also keep any strange cats from the garden.

Dave

ANMC Founder Member. Always learning

phone your nearest zoo ask for some Lion sh*t put small amounts round your pond and no more domestic cats/dogs will go near it.

there was a post on this subject some months back i added my input for a laugh and got slated for suggesting lily pollen ,

i though it was urban myth , apparently not ..

cpranim.gif

15/06/12 PB Perch 3 lb 10 oz 03/03/11 Common Carp 23lb 6 oz 05/06/12 Sturgeon 7 lb 13 oz 06/06/12 Mirror Carp 21 lb 2 oz

09/03/13 PB PIKE 27 lb 9 ozARNO3010CustomImage1086535.gif

Besides shooting them with an air-rifle (which I do not do, but the Crossman rabbit stopper is ready for action if problems persist) what would you do to keep cats off.

I have a sonar scarer, pepper, and special 'wilkos' cat spray. Found a 7" mirror carp on the side of the sleepers this morning, sporting a rather funky lack of head, tail and half it's body.

Short of termination and discreet disposal of the culprit demon what is the best human method of dealing with this!!

If cats were kept in catteries or indoors they wouldn't be out killing all the wildlife for fun, killing peoples pets, spraying on peoples washing and property, digging peoples flower beds up,crapping in everyones gardens, passing on parvo, cat Aids and all sorts of diseases.

Have you ever noticed breeders of pedigree cats keep them confined? The reason being is that they are valuable animals. Your normal run of the mill cats are given away free so obviously their owners arn't bothered if they get run over , shot at or don't come home.

When i was a Gamekeeper one of the problems we had was with feral cats. We never hesitated to despatch them in whatever way we could.

A farmer is allowed by law to shoot a dog if it is harassing, chasing or worrying his stock, and rightfully so!

If a cat owner is allowing his cats to damage other peoples property, in my opinion, they should accept the consequences.

Tigger.

Interesting idea I came across some time ago on another forum.

Go round to your neighbour and explain that you are being pestered by rats, and in order to get rid of the problem you have placed rat poison around your garden. :(:(

You do not, of course, want their little pussy to come to harm and you think it would be the best thing if they kept it on their side of the fence . :D:D

It might work ..... :lol::lol:

The Older I get .. The better I was.