Cats

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Ferret1959
MJB:

If you see the cat, get one of those "super-soaker" water pistols. He won't be back.

Best put washing upliquid in the water pistol too, they hate likcing that stuff off and puts then off visiting you again.

Oh and cats DO have at least NINE lives, I know from experiance.

They can tollerate large amounts of lead and never seem to suffer from lead poisoning?????????? :rolleyes:

had a look around various other forums & a vets website, apparently all lily family are poisonous to cats but not all plants sold as lilies are in the liliaceae family.

our native ones include bluebells & snakeshead fritilaries but i doubt if the pollen from these could get onto a cats fur. it would take a more exotic one with exposed anthers.

Found a web page that may be of interest to y'all. Perhaps some 'extract of lilly' mixed with a little bit of Felix may help?

According to this site ALL parts of lillies are toxic to cats, not just the pollen.

The problem isn't what people don't know, it's what they know that just ain't so.
Vaut mieux ne rien dire et passer pour un con que de parler et prouver que t'en est un!
Mi, ch’fais toudis à m’mote

UK-Fishing-Tackle.co.uk:

Cats eating fish isn't against the law I don't think - Cats are known predators.  

The cats are people pets so i'm sure the owners would be responsable, ie criminal damage etc.

They have the right idea in australia, if your cats not in by a certain time you get a fine, and i'm pretty sure the cats are at risk from being shot, as they kill the native wildlife.

If a cat eats a fish its not a problem, but i bet if i brought my 9ft boa round and let it have a wander in your garden and she caught the cat, she would be put down, i would be fined and banned from keeping animals, it would be on the local news and it would be in every newspaper.

Its politics, if goverment put a law on cats, they would loose votes and if the rspca culed killa cats they would loose donations (and they wouldn't be able to build more million pound offices and have to sell thier jags)

Cheers

<º))))><.·´¯`·.ÐÅѸ.·´¯`·.¸><((((º>

IPB Image

DJMCJERICO:

The cats are people pets so i'm sure the owners would be responsable, ie criminal damage etc

I am sure that legally speaking you are wrong.

Cats have a 'roving commission' under UK law, and a cat owner cannot be held responsible for any damage done by his or her cat.

The problem isn't what people don't know, it's what they know that just ain't so.
Vaut mieux ne rien dire et passer pour un con que de parler et prouver que t'en est un!
Mi, ch’fais toudis à m’mote