Roach, dace etc in fish tanks?

bingo

I am a new visitor of this forum. It takes very nice idea. I am very much supporting to this idea. This idea is not expensive. And these fishes are very beautiful than others. But I have one doubt. That is, these fishes are not fancy fishes. So they can live in tank temperature?

===========================================================

Bless

Aquarium supplies

• 2 months later...

When i was younger i had a simple fish tank set up with a few goldfish in. It was no problem at all, there was no filteration system though as i had no clue how to run a proper tank, however the goldfish were thriving. On a number of occasions though, i fished at a friends grandads small reservoir and caught a few small roach which i though would be fine, however they died in no time at all once put in the tank.

This thread has given me an idea though. I was thinking about having tropical fish and making sure i have the correct set up and knowledge. I now know how to cycle the tank to make sure it is a good habitat for fish and i also know how much i can stock it. I am now going to change my plan and try to house some u.k freshwater fish in it instead, a lot has to be said for the beauty of some of our fish, i.e tench and carp

When i was younger i had a simple fish tank set up with a few goldfish in. It was no problem at all, there was no filteration system though as i had no clue how to run a proper tank, however the goldfish were thriving. On a number of occasions though, i fished at a friends grandads small reservoir and caught a few small roach which i though would be fine, however they died in no time at all once put in the tank.

This thread has given me an idea though. I was thinking about having tropical fish and making sure i have the correct set up and knowledge. I now know how to cycle the tank to make sure it is a good habitat for fish and i also know how much i can stock it. I am now going to change my plan and try to house some u.k freshwater fish in it instead, a lot has to be said for the beauty of some of our fish, i.e tench and carp

If you are going to keep native fresh water fish you may have to invest in both heating for the winter months and cooling systems for the warmer months.

The problem isn't what people don't know, it's what they know that just ain't so.
Vaut mieux ne rien dire et passer pour un con que de parler et prouver que t'en est un!
Mi, ch’fais toudis à m’mote

Temperature is certainly a big issue with native marine species. With freshwater species, best to do a little research first. Many species will thrive at permanent room temperature of 16-20C. I've kept small pike, roach, rudd, stone loach and stickleback for extended periods in well filtered indoor tanks without problems. Surprisingly in the case of stone loach, though thinking about it that was quite a cold room. Tench, carp and crucian carp should be fine (but may grow too large). Perch, minnows, gudgeon, dace, chub, barbel are likely to suffer. Trout, salmon, grayling are very unlikely to survive.