And so the boot fairs begin!

Dave H

not correct ,most companies will but theres no law to say they must ,a price could be put on an item at say 10p and when you get to the till it could be anything ,its nothing more than a invitation-to-treat ,where both parties can crudely put haggle a price

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/business/441740.stm

true you do not need a receipt but its far easier to get action with one or you have some credit card statement showing the transaction as its your word against theirs in most cases and shouting hopefully doesnt work!

theres great finds still to be found at car boots ,i bought 25 meters of armoured cable sunday for a tenner ,the little old lady hadnt a clue ,she asked what i would give for it i started at a tenner and she excepted ,my conscience is clear i didnt haggle her down ,some buggers would haggle if you gave it away free!

back to the invitation to treat ,try haggling (not with the till girl find the manager!) i have had lots of reductions on things even in big supermarkets especially when they are end of line ,once you find something thats no longer in the system you can get great deals ;)

theres also differences in second hand goods ,at boot fairs its definitely buyer beware but buying on an auction site something second hand has some protection

You have just mirrored what I said and that's correct it is usually settled and everyone is happy but what happens if you paid by cash and you have lost your receipt on a laptop that has just blown up?

It may not be so harmonious then and that's all I am saying that people say 'I can't take it back I have lost my receipt' well you can. Most stores therefore store till rolls for 6 years this covers the cash verification on the till roll. Their system obviously should find the card payment transactions.

Moving on to the gloves they were under the wrong marked peg and this is where the sales and goods act and numerously more come into play but I am not going to bore myself with them or others. ( as it really is a minefield) If the gloves or say the odd pair of shoes that a customer has tried on or women’s clothing (nightmare) gets indiscriminately put on the wrong peg it is usually deemed that it has been put there by a customer and not a member of staff so it is not the retailers fault.

However if a whole set of gloves are on the wrong marked up peg it is deemed that the company (as in employee) has put them there. Now this as it did with my gloves makes it legal to buy those gloves under that price tag.

There is only one thing that the manager can do (and most don't know this) is to remove the whole batch from the shop floor. The gloves are now annulled and therefore can't be sold for any price but he must do this straight away.

It is illegal for the retailer to say 'You can't bring this back as it's in the Sale madam'....She can and that announcement alone is not right ( i was going to say falsified but its a bit strong )but let’s not pull and be nitty gritty as on the whole retail law is a very grey area indeed.

And what about the Xmas party and somebody steals a bottle of beer behind the bar while out on the town. Who is accountable for the crime? Answers on a postcard please...LOL

I am done here as i am bored and i am sure others are too... :(

There is not one thing different between ideology and religeon

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

To label everyone who sells gear on a boot sale as criminals is just ridiculous.

Except of course I didn't do that did I ?

Species caught in 2020: Barbel. European Eel. Bleak. Perch. Pike.

Species caught in 2019: Pike. Bream. Tench. Chub. Common Carp. European Eel. Barbel. Bleak. Dace.

Species caught in 2018: Perch. Bream. Rainbow Trout. Brown Trout. Chub. Roach. Carp. European Eel.

Species caught in 2017: Siamese carp. Striped catfish. Rohu. Mekong catfish. Amazon red tail catfish. Arapaima. Black Minnow Shark. Perch. Chub. Brown Trout. Pike. Bream. Roach. Rudd. Bleak. Common Carp.

Species caught in 2016: Siamese carp. Jullien's golden carp. Striped catfish. Mekong catfish. Amazon red tail catfish. Arapaima. Alligator gar. Rohu. Black Minnow Shark. Roach, Bream, Perch, Ballan Wrasse. Rudd. Common Carp. Pike. Zander. Chub. Bleak.

Species caught in 2015: Brown Trout. Roach. Bream. Terrapin. Eel. Barbel. Pike. Chub.

Except of course I didn't do that did I ?

That's what it looked like to me and the poster following you also took that meaning..... from what you wrote it ( was either a case of putting your hand in your pocket or buying from criminal scum) sure as hell looked like it. If it didn't maybe you could explain exactly what you meant.