Scum

Leon Roskilly

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Argyll,

Can you keep me posted, please, as I've received a couple of emails from people wanting to contribute, too?

Anglers' Net Shopping Partners - Please Support Your Forum

CLICK HERE for all your Amazon purchases - books, photography equipment, DVD's and more!

CLICK HERE for Go Outdoors. HUGE discounts!

FOLLOW ANGLERS' NET ON TWITTER- CLICK HERE - @anglersnet

PLEASE 'LIKE' US ON FACEBOOK - CLICK HERE

Wishing Tree Reservoir fishing rights are held by the Hastings and Bexhill and District Freshwater Angling Association.

By coincidence I was fishing with the Secretary of that Association yesterday. He might know the lad personally. I will phone him tonight and find out what is happening.

I have no doubt that replacement tackle will be provided, anglers in general being the decent bunch that they are, but what cannot be replaced is the lad's confidence that he can go fishing in peace.

Ironically I have just left my grandsons fishing a local pond, and have just had an "emergency" call from his mobile - can I come down with a camera as he has a 7lb-odd carp in his sack - OK, Simon, coming!

I was just going to say I would offer this lad a day's fishing as my guest, subject to his parents' approval.

RNLI Governor

World species 471 : UK species 105 : English species 95 .

Certhia's world species - 215

Eclectic "husband and wife combined" world species 501

"Nothing matters very much, few things matter at all" - Plato

...only things like fresh bait and cold beer...

I have spoken to my contact at Leeda Distribution centre.

He is going to email me contact details for Leeda PR / Marketing dept at Redditch.

Any objections to me emailing link to this thread?

Hopefully it will come to something.

This attack and robbery has made me very angry.

I will happily donate some tackle of my own.

The only problem I can see here is the Data protection act.

Getting the lads details is going to need approval from his parents who may not want to go public - hence no local newspaper report.

Do your best Vagabond and all others involved.

PM me with outcome as you know my time on net is limited!!!!!!

RUDD

Different floats for different folks!

One problem I can see if lots of people send things to him privately he may end up with lots of rods and reel but no floats bank sticks etc.

If people are going to send things could we not draw up a list and people put there name next to what they want to send.

I would be willing to run the list if the mods want me to.

I cannot send any tackle but would send him a queue for a few quid if we could find some way to get it to him

gatso.gif

I have sent Leeda an email :

I have deleted personal details such as names, email address and contact numbers for obvious reasons :

Good afternoon

Never done this sort of thing but here goes.

Your details were given to me by XXXXXXXX as per bottom of email.

I am an all round angler who contributes and also asks for a fair bit of free advice on a website called anglers net. Anyone can join and post threads on anglernet free of charge. It is a public forum run by a friend of mine Mr Elton Murphy - also a passionate angler. Please click on link below with regards to an attack and robbery of a 14 year old angler on a club bank side. As you can see some of our members have offered to send items of their own tackle to the poor lad to help him out. The attack is sickening to us all and as you will read, members are angry.

Its in the early stages but one of our members knows the club sec of the angling club involved. He is trying to find out the lads details. One of our members pointed out this could be a good PR opportunity for a major angling manufacturer / retailer. I offered and am doing so to contact Leeda as I work for XXXXXXX who do a lot of import work for Madison cycles / Leeda at the Milton Keynes distribution centre. Infact Madison/Leeda is one of the biggest accounts I manage from our XXXXX office. My details are below. XXXXXXXXXXX kindly gave me your details as he thought you may be able to help, that is if we are allowed to help the lad out.

This could be a good PR opportunity for angling as a whole and any contributors who offer to help out if we can get it together. Not asking for much - any items of tackle would be appreciated no matter what.

Here is the link, hope to hear from yourself soon.

I have posted a copy of this email on the public forum but deleted personal details.

http://www.anglersnet.co.uk/ubb/ultimatebb...6481;p=1#000025

Best regards

Kevin Judd

xxxxxxxx

xxxxxxxxx

xxxxxxxxx

xxxxxxxxx

xxxxxxxxx

xxxxxxxx

-----Original Message-----

Sent: 10 August 2005 13:02

To: juddXXXXXXXXXXXX

Subject: contact

As discussed. Try this guy who is marketing and sales director.

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

Many Thanks

XXXXXXXXXXX

XXXXXXXXXXXX

XXXXXXXX

This message has been scanned for viruses by BlackSpider MailControl - www.blackspider.com

RUDD

Different floats for different folks!