Scum

Leon Roskilly

Gerry - if you get a response from the coppers, please give me a shout - hooks, floats, leads, swivels, shakespear seat box can all go to this poor kid if needed...

what a nice bunch we have on here :)

"I like to keep a bottle of stimulant handy in case I see a snake, which I also keep handy."

- WC Fields

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Here is the sight greeting me when I left my earlier post to respond to the "emergency" call.

My teenaged grandson returning his PB carp at 7lb 4oz

Posted Image

This is what our youngsters are entitled to

I can only imagine my feelings if I had been called out to rescue a robbed and beaten-up youngster.

So I will do what I can for the victim

[ 10. August 2005, 03:26 PM: Message edited by: Vagabond ]

RNLI Governor

World species 471 : UK species 105 : English species 95 .

Certhia's world species - 215

Eclectic "husband and wife combined" world species 501

"Nothing matters very much, few things matter at all" - Plato

...only things like fresh bait and cold beer...

I received the following email a few minutes ago.

My reply is below. I suggest we wait and find out just what gear the lad has lost and then see what we can raise between us.

'Hi

I have had a message from Sussex Police that you kindly contacted them regarding the Attack on my son and lose of his fishing equipment at Wishing Tree Reservoir, Hastings. He is a very keen fisherman and has over the past 2 years spent all his earnings from his paper round and birthday/xmas money on tackle, he made sure he had his fishing/rod licence. He normally went with a friend, but he had to leave a bit earlier on Thursday, this should not have been a problem, he had a mobile, I called him every hour to check all was well, and the lake was packed, it was a lovely sunny day.

I hope that something can be done to protect others from this sort of terrible act, before someone else gets seriously hurt. The installation of cctv would be a start, along with an emergency phone.

The response from everyone has been wonderful, and has certainly restored our faith in human nature.

If you have any spare tackle that would help get him started that would be wonderful, I am sure you understand that the cost of equipment is considerable, so any help you can offer would be gratefully appreciated.

With thanks,

Gail

Hello Gail, I dont know if the police gave you my name, if they didnt, its Gerry Castles. I post on an angling forum called anglersnet and we read about your son's attack on the BBC website.

Whilst we all hope that the police find your sons attackers soon, we can be of more practical assistance and get him started again with our spare tackle. Others wished to donate a little money too, which I hope will enable your son to buy any tackle that we were unable to donate . It would help if we know what kind of fishing he does and what equipment was stolen. Please ask him to email me a list of the major items and what kind of fish he likes to target and that should give us a shortlist of things to try and find for him.

regards

Gerry Castles

'I've got a mind like a steel wassitsname'

Leon Roskilly:

It bitches and argues, shares information and banter, and rallies together whenever the chips are down :)

Tight Lines - leon

Bit like all Brits in general.

Never test the depth of water with both feet.

Stuff work go fishing.

The lads name is Will Thomas. I'll send him a link to the site later, perhaps he'll want to come on and say hello. Seems theres a little insurance money to come at some stage, so at least he'll have a start.

'I've got a mind like a steel wassitsname'