The anglers net regulars....

Dave H

A dozen members probably only start threads or post on here. It's not unusual on forums but for the amount of members on here it is quite surprising.

I wondered what your thoughts were over this? :)

There is not one thing different between ideology and religeon

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My thoughts are that one doesn't have to start topics in order to be a worthwhile contributor. I rarely open a new topic, but do contribute in those which interest me, or those which I imagine my imput may be of use. There are others like that too, sometimes writing the most thoughtful comments.

When it comes to debates, some are 'counter punchers' waiting until others come swinging haymakers.

"Some people hear their inner voices with such clarity that they live by what they hear, such people go crazy, but they become legends"

My thoughts are that one doesn't have to start topics in order to be a worthwhile contributor. I rarely open a new topic, but do contribute in those which interest me, or those which I imagine my imput may be of use. There are others like that too, sometimes writing the most thoughtful comments.

When it comes to debates, some are 'counter punchers' waiting until others come swinging haymakers.

Point taken Emma.But i am referring to both as like you said you can be either as so many others can be too but it is still quite a small community....

Does it matter?

No, not really but i thought it interesting :)

I'll start if I need an answer....

Or I'll offer my opinion if it will help.

Don't need answers often to be honest :)

I think i differ as i like to ask an opinion as i am interested in what others think. There are very few questions i need to ask but many opinions i can look at.

I think there will always be different answers which makes fishing to me very interesting aswell as exciting :)

I'll start if I need an answer....

Or I'll offer my opinion if it will help.

Don't need answers often to be honest :)

I think i differ as i like to ask an opinion as i am interested in what others think. There are very few questions i need to ask but many opinions i can look at.

I think there will always be different answers which makes fishing to me very interesting aswell as exciting :)

I rarely start topics because I already know everything. :lol:;)

so tell me what line BS would you use for 'Everything'?...Free running everything or just a pop up everything! :rtfm:

Dave,

I find it lonely at the top. I think the answer to ayjay's statement is intuitively obvious even to the most casual angling expert. Although, certainly no one could accuse me of "lurking in the background". Angling is like a competative advernure for some. If you are "best" at home go 50 miles from home; "best" at 50 go 500 mi. miles. Best is not always "most" or "biggest" - often most satisfying.

I think it is important to point out sometimes we engage in "bankside banter" and sometimes a person or persons have a need to know something others can share. Knowing anything, much less everything, about angling is a matter of repetativness through experience.

Phone

(Ohh, I can talk more than I can type. Someday I hope you'll SEE)

A dozen members probably only start threads or post on here. It's not unusual on forums but for the amount of members on here it is quite surprising.

I dunno Dave, if you look at the first two pages you'll find at least 20 posters willing to stick up a new topic. It is close season for river anglers so there's a fair few who don't have a lot to report or type about at the moment, come tenching time there'll be more activity.

It's never a 'six', let's put it back