The anglers net regulars....

Dave H

i have tasted "off the bush" once its been normalised in the fridge for a week it tastes fine :D

Like I said <_<

There's something seriously wrong with your taste buds

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

or yours :D

Believe NOTHING anyones says or writes unless you witness it yourself and even then your eyes can deceive you

None of this "the enemy of my enemy is my friend" crap it just means i have at least two enemies!

There is only one opinion i listen to ,its mine and its ALWAYS right even when its wrong

Its far easier to curse the darkness than light one candle

Mathew 4:19

Grangers law : anything i say will  turn out the opposite or not happen at all!

Life insurance? you wont enjoy a penny!

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical." Thomas Jefferson

And some people say, 'why fish, when they can be cheaply bought if one looks around?' As anglers we know that the point is deeper and broader than simply ending up with a fish in ones hand...the cost in monitary terms and physical effort of fishing is far more than the price of fish flesh.

We fish because we like it

We garden because we like it, it's not just about the end product....simples ;)

"Some people hear their inner voices with such clarity that they live by what they hear, such people go crazy, but they become legends"

• 3 weeks later...

Well done everyone especially to the real locals like Andyhoo and Kappa. Keep it up boys.

looking forward to your replies by PM...

I need to attend to my forums so good luck all and contunue with the great posts!

Edited by Dave H

There is not one thing different between ideology and religeon

Perhaps members should be ruder to newcomers; that might discourage 'em!

Seriously though, this is a friendly forum and I would guess it's a compliment that new members feel uninhibited enough to start threads and join discussions. It's inevitable that the members of a forum will differ widely in their level of experience. What is important, IMHO, is that all members receive equal treatment regardless of their perceived level of seniority.

It's an old saying, but we all had to start somewhere.

As AddictedToScopex says below.

What is this 'real life'? :huh:

I get what you mean there. There arent many deep discussions, with the expection of otters ;) , but I think that there have been one or two opportunities for them to appear but threads seem to get knocked sideways more often these days. I guess thats just the way it is though. There are bound to be periods where not much of real interest comes up.

RESPONSE:

Some people actually are so self deluded in thinking that people want to hear whatever boring posts they use to hijack a thread or to go off topic, sad people really.

With regard to your comment about not asking unless you know there are a few people who can answer. I would say that it is not only the people that you know can answer that can offer insight. Even someone with only a little experience on something may have found something that works very effectively very quickly. I think it is always worth posting even if it is just to get a different slant on things. The way you may think about something may actually lead you to write something off before giving it a go when actually it could be devastating and you may be made to think twice by someone elses take on it.

I have always said including on here that anyone can learn something from anyone else, perhaps even a comment can trigger a new or untried way of doing something or even considering a completely new approach, they just need to open their minds and be willing to consider something different.

Most newbie threads don't want advice just confirmation that what they are doing is right and the top of the heap very best method, if they stick at it and persevere maybe one day they might just manage to open their eyes and start to learn, until then to me they are just a lost cause. One who has tried and then is considering perhaps there is another way now that is a newbie who can be helped. Nobody knows it all and I don't think anyone ever will.

Then one must consider anglers sometimes have more to do than go chatting on forums, for example I am trying to build an improved rod drying machine that will completely eliminate any possible thick spots in varnish and its all uphill work for me. Others may be experimenting with new baits or floats or writing up their fishing notes and planning a campaign for the coming season or even writing a book or whatever.

Edited by watatoad

From a spark a fire will flare up

English by birth, Cockney by the Grace of God

Welcome back Watatoad, good to see you posting again.

Ian

"If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving isn't for you"

Forums are probably like pubs. You have your local, plus there's a few you go to now and then.

For me, Angler's Net is my local and just about the only one I start a topic on. But I do lurk on a few others, even posting from time to time, although it tends to be less and less these days. It may be that it's the same for others, and that's why you see the same names starting topics.

One of the things I like best on here is that the posts tend to be longer than average. So many forums contain just one or two line posts that impart little information. So if I start a topic here asking for help I'm confident of getting detailed replies, instead of just a bare bones answer with nothing to back it up. Likewise, when I'm giving an answer I try to do the same.

Edited by Steve Burke

Wingham Specimen Coarse & Carp Syndicates www.winghamfisheries.co.uk Beautiful, peaceful, little fished gravel pit syndicates in Kent with very big fish. 2017 Forum Fish-In Sat May 6 to Mon May 8. Articles http://www.anglersnet.co.uk/steveburke.htm Index of all my articles on Angler's Net