fishing in paris

Tangled

I am going to Paris and Eurodisney with wife and daughter next week and my wife and daughter are going "around the shops" for one of the days and I thought I may try to fish somewhere that day.So the questions are: Do I need an EA type license to fish,if so how much, and where would I get one from, also is the Seine in Central Paris worth fishing or does anyone know of any pools or lakes in Paris that anyone can fish.The Hotel we are staying in is about 1/2 mile north of Arc de Triumphe.

Thanks

Dave

You will need a national licence which you can get from a tackle shop and yes even in the middle of the city the river produces big carp.I dont know what the general fishing is like though.

I cant remember the guys name now but once saw a slide show by an English bloke who lived in Paris for a while coaching the French national fencing team.He had some very good carp catchs from the river in the city.

And thats my "non indicative opinion"!

I DONT NO WHAT LICENCE YOU NEED BUT LAST YEAR WHEN I WAS THERE , THE LAKE OUTSIDE DISNEY AND ALL THE CANALS THAT LEED FROM IT WHERE ALIVE WITH BIG CARP I MEEN THOUSANDS :) FROM TEN POUND TO TWENTY POUND AND I MEAN THOUSANDS AND YOU WOULDENT NEED TO LEAVE THE COMPLEX IF YOU CAN FISH THEM.

You will need a national licence which you can get from a tackle shop and yes even in the middle of the city the river produces big carp.I dont know what the general fishing is like though.

I cant remember the guys name now but once saw a slide show by an English bloke who lived in Paris for a while coaching the French national fencing team.He had some very good carp catchs from the river in the city.

There are some pretty big Wels in the Seine too, but if I remember correctly you can only fish for cats from one bank. Like budgie says a tackle shop will advise. Having said that tackle shops are not always easy to find in France, but most Decathlon have an Angling section, someone there should be able to advise.

Decathlon Paris

4/6 Rue Louis Armand

métro Balard ligne 8

75015 Paris

Tel : 01 45 58 60 45

Fax : 01 45 54 38 29

Decathlon_Paris.kmz

Edited by corydoras

The problem isn't what people don't know, it's what they know that just ain't so.
Vaut mieux ne rien dire et passer pour un con que de parler et prouver que t'en est un!
Mi, ch’fais toudis à m’mote