Any advice to reduce the trial and error ?

3DoorsDown

Having had to shelve Coarse fishing a year ago due to the demands on my time of work and family, I decided to return to my childhood passion of fly fishing.

I joined the Suffolk Fly Fishing Club and have enjoyed a fantastic year, but at times wish I had some variety of tackle for different weather conditions. I've been really pleased with the combination of my Fulling Mill World Class Silver 5 weight and Airflo Ridgeline floater, but I also have a 5 weight Normark, with a real soft all through action, which has taken me ages ( and plenty of money) to find a line that balances with it, ending up with an Airflo 40 plus.

To save me a load of time, trouble and money, could anyone suggest a combination of rod and line, preferably a 7 or 8 weight that would compliment each other for around £100 ?

Any suggestions/ advice from others experiences welcomed.

Nic