Hook-length Lines: Which do you USE & WHY?

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I use any but have found 'super strong match' made by VMC. They are VERY good and reliable IMO. I dont see them around as much as I used to but buy them when I do.

I only buy hooks to nylon when after smaller fish nothing bigger than 10lb as most of them dont go higher breaking strains than 4/5lb line

[ 27. May 2004, 12:59 PM: Message edited by: J.K ]

2PhJuly2013sig_zps25c667b8.jpg

</font>

<font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">Originally posted by J.K:

I use any but have found 'super strong match' made by VMC. They are VERY good and reliable IMO. I dont see them around as much as I used to but buy them when I do.

I only buy hooks to nylon when after smaller fish nothing bigger than 10lb as most of them dont go higher breaking strains than 4/5lb line </font><hr />

<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">I guess you mean VMC hooks-to-nylon, like this:-

________________ Posted Image ???

DG

P.S. Did you know that they're available from good old tracklebargains (mention AN)

DG - took a look into that Sufix, the stealth skin gets some good reviews, and it's a damn site cheaper than the Kryston - thanks for the info, ordered some 15lb in brown, and green.

tight lines

"I like to keep a bottle of stimulant handy in case I see a snake, which I also keep handy."

- WC Fields

quote:

Originally posted by awaaar:

DG - took a look into that Sufix, the stealth skin gets some good reviews, and it's a damn site cheaper than the Kryston - thanks for the info, ordered some 15lb in brown, and green.

tight lines

Posted Image

Please let me/us know how you get-on with it.

Sufix make their own (TAO I Fibres) but Kryston have theirs made for them = higher cost

DG

[ 27. May 2004, 02:17 PM: Message edited by: The Diamond Geezer ]

Started using Stroft at the back end of last season. Seems OK so far.

Paul

quote:

Originally posted by Paul_D:

Started using Stroft at the back end of last season. Seems OK so far.

________________ Posted Image

... that's an interesting one, Paul! I have heard of it, but never seen or used it myself. I think game-anglers use it a lot?

Thanks for the info

I guess you get it from your mates at the TackleShop

DG

[ 27. May 2004, 02:36 PM: Message edited by: The Diamond Geezer ]

What an interesting response and selection of hook-length products so far, already ! :)

# VMC Very Strong hooks-to-nylon

# Sufix SKIN braided hooklength

# Stroft

Posted Image

Thanks, guys!

Any more suggestions ...???

DG

[ 27. May 2004, 02:41 PM: Message edited by: The Diamond Geezer ]

Stroft is very good line, I've used the 5lb mono for a long time now - German I think.

"I like to keep a bottle of stimulant handy in case I see a snake, which I also keep handy."

- WC Fields