Hook-length Lines: Which do you USE & WHY?

quote:

I guess you get it from your mates at the TackleShop
??? You've got me there DG

You're spot on with the game anglers slant though. That's exactly how I got onto it, whilst searching for a good reliable tippet material for small dry fly work.

Paul

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

quote:

Originally posted by Paul_D:

quote:

I guess you get it from your mates at the TackleShop
??? You've got me there DG

You're spot on with the game anglers slant though. That's exactly how I got onto it, whilst searching for a good reliable tippet material for small dry fly work.

Sorry, Paul ... I'm losing it! Must be thinking of Rob Ward DOH!

DG

oooohh sufix must get me some! last year i was fishing for chub using bolt-rigs and short hooklengths(upstream too) i got more fish on normal brown 6lb mono than i did with flurocarbon even tho the water was quite clear.i never did work that one out!and using black hooks instead of the grey silver variety.

AKA RATTY

LondonBikers.Com....Suzuki SV1000S K3 Rider and Predator Crazy Angler!

quote:

Originally posted by ratty46:

last year I was fishing for chub using bolt-rigs and short hooklengths (upstream too) .... I got more fish on normal brown 6 lb {? nylon? - DG} mono than I did with fluorocarbon even tho' the water was quite clear. I never did work that one out! ... and using black hooks instead of the grey silver variety.

Interesting! Plus you paid through the nose for that invisible fluorocarbon mono

DG

can really recomend the Stealth Skin :D the coating comes off very easily and the knot strength is superb !!

Keep an eye on the Gardner/Sufix stable as there is some good stuff in the pipeline they have also updated there website with some new pictures in the gallery :D

www.stoneyandfriends.co.uk