Angling for Scouts

Anglers' Net

The Angling Trust is launching a new initiative to encourage more scouts to try fishing and get their angling badge by teaming up with its member clubs and fisheries to provide coaching to scout troops.

Click here to view the full article. Please reply below to add your comments, if any.

Try our newTackle & Bait Finder
http://www.anglersnet.co.uk/fishingtackle/

Grab yourself an amazing bargain at http://www.cheap-bargains.co.uk/

USING THE LINKS ABOVE IS A WAY THAT YOU CAN HELP KEEP ANGLERS' NET FREE!

The Angling Trust is launching a new initiative to encourage more scouts to try fishing and get their angling badge by teaming up with its member clubs and fisheries to provide coaching to scout troops.

Click here to view the full article. Please reply below to add your comments, if any.

I'd be interested to know how the scouting movement feel about the canoe access issue?

never try and teach a pig to sing .... it wastes your time and it annoys the pig

I think thats just about got to be the best initiative That the AT has come up with to date, if we can't get kids who are interested in the great outdoors interested in fishing then the future of the sport will be in big trouble.

I do hope that that they have great success with this one

Then you'll be the only one

I doubt it. You seem to live in some sort of bubble which presumes that the AT policy on canoe access is universally accepted by everyone. It isn't. Try googling the subject, there's a very vociforous dispute going on out there on the ground, and silencing me won't make it go away. And we haven't heard from the Scouting Movement yet.

You never miss a trick when it comes to hijacking topics or ruining threads do you?

I try not to miss a trick, but my intention has never been to ruin threads. The intention is to enrich them with diverse debate :)

never try and teach a pig to sing .... it wastes your time and it annoys the pig

Andy,

The reason I never NEVER ever use smiley faces is the frequency in which I believe them to be dis-ingenuous. :D

All,

I too am in favor of such an initiative. Fishing and Boy Scouts have a great relationship in America. Equally, when you work with Scouts you are assured a certain level of decorum. I never hesitated to assist in merit badge work by these young men.

We don't have an AT or National organization but individual clubs (usually species specific) are very anxious to assist the kids.

Phone

I don't care. This is about a rat-**** fight over a non indigenous species being stuffed into my local river. And the AT have drawn the Scouting Movement into this argument on the AT forum.

So what have they got to say about it?

I'd be interested to know how the scouting movement feel about the canoe access issue?

Email or phone them, then.

Another thread ruined and closed.

Anglers' Net Shopping Partners - Please Support Your Forum

CLICK HERE for all your Amazon purchases - books, photography equipment, DVD's and more!

CLICK HERE for Go Outdoors. HUGE discounts!

FOLLOW ANGLERS' NET ON TWITTER- CLICK HERE - @anglersnet

PLEASE 'LIKE' US ON FACEBOOK - CLICK HERE