What scares you when night fishing?

twochay

yes november the n.e.c. got mine have you?????? :mad: :mad:

do alot of night fishing so not alot gets to me had a cpl of hairy moments 1st was a loch first time fishing it some massive prize bulls were in field behind us so we set up got to about 7.30pm and the bulls appeared in our field i thought ok no problem w went to our bivvies and a bull decided to stand about 1 ft off the back of my bivvie for a laugh kinda hard to get to sleep with a big bull snorting about 2 ft fom my ear even harder after he nudged bivvie to see if it was movable thinking if he comes in im fecked . Woke up with my mate telling me the bull had its head in my tent needless to say i moved swims lol . 2ND one woke up with a paw print bigger than my hand outside bivvie door local loch owner said otter i thought yeah with a club foot no idea what it was but would love to know

• Replies 239
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 months later...

The only thing that scares me when night fishing is really bizarre noises.

Me and my older brother were out night fishing a stretch of the ribble which is situated behind preston crematorium (so you can guess the atmosphere there regardless of time or light conditions). Great spot for big barbel by the way. It was around 3.15am and we were both sat under our brolleys on the edge of the woods at the bottom of the huge hill leading down to the secluded swims. We were simply enjoying the cool breeze with two rods each waving in the breeze with only our isotopes to watch. We had been quiet for a while as we had been hearing some strange rustlings so were keeping an ear out as we were near a rough neighbourhood. Bank sticks were at the ready.

All of a sudden all hell breaks loose in the woods behind us and it sounds like something is crashing through the woods straight towards us. Then sounds as though something (like a log or a BODY!!!) is rolling down the hill. Needless to say we both froze and looked at each other. After around 20 seconds the sounds stopped as quickly as they began. We still never to this day found out what it was but the rest of the night was spent with head torches on and and radio up.

The other thing was we moved around the bank in the morning only to find there was a huge engraving on a tree behind us which said R.I.P (insert name). With dates and things on it. This WAS NOT there the day before. We havent been back for quite a while now.

For any web design needs check out http://www.chiptenwebsites.co.uk

Discovering I have forgot my reels. Forgetting my flask. Hearing idiots and woosies partying and scaring themselves over night noises and nothing and upsetting the fishing, I know I will loose my temper one night.

:bigemo_harabe_net-163: :bigemo_harabe_net-163: :bigemo_harabe_net-163:

If you are scared of the smallest noise or your shadow or you lack personal confidence or you're scared the Boogie man is coming for you Do me a favour stay at home and hide under the bedclothes...Petal... :bigemo_harabe_net-163: :bigemo_harabe_net-163: :bigemo_harabe_net-163:

Edited by watatoad

From a spark a fire will flare up

English by birth, Cockney by the Grace of God

If you're any where near Elton, rabbits :D

Ian

"If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving isn't for you"

What scares me is frogs,rats snakes and and anything that gets in my tent rummaging around, as i gotta be the protector of my kids (in my mind i say great i gotta be the first ****er to die then) whilst i think it's a person or an animal of sumkind

• 1 month later...

Running into one of you lot 8.gif

John S

Quanti Canicula Ille In Fenestra

Species caught in 2017 Common Ash, Hawthorn, Hazel, Scots Pine, White Willow.

Species caught in 2016: Alder, Blackthorn, Common Ash, Crab Apple, Left Earlobe, Pedunculate Oak, Rock Whitebeam, Scots Pine, Smooth-leaved Elm, Swan, Wayfaring tree.

Species caught in 2015: Ash, Bird Cherry, Black-Headed Gull, Common Hazel, Common Whitebeam, Elder, Field Maple, Gorse, Puma, Sessile Oak, White Willow.

Species caught in 2014: Big Angry Man's Ear, Blackthorn, Common Ash, Common Whitebeam, Downy Birch, European Beech, European Holly, Hawthorn, Hazel, Scots Pine, Wych Elm.
Species caught in 2013: Beech, Elder, Hawthorn, Oak, Right Earlobe, Scots Pine.

Species caught in 2012: Ash, Aspen, Beech, Big Nasty Stinging Nettle, Birch, Copper Beech, Grey Willow, Holly, Hazel, Oak, Wasp Nest (that was a really bad day), White Poplar.
Species caught in 2011: Blackthorn, Crab Apple, Elder, Fir, Hawthorn, Horse Chestnut, Oak, Passing Dog, Rowan, Sycamore, Willow.
Species caught in 2010: Ash, Beech, Birch, Elder, Elm, Gorse, Mullberry, Oak, Poplar, Rowan, Sloe, Willow, Yew.

• 4 weeks later...