What scares you when night fishing?

twochay

I had just woken one morniny, lying trying to wake up in my bivvy when i could hear something running around outside in my swim, i could here what sounded like puppys. on inspection there was 2 fox cubs playing, they didnt even bother that i was there! They came up to me sniffing curiousley ... all i could think was go away before mum turns up and try's to eat me! Still my best moment on the bank, awesome feeling. Then people have got the nerve to ask us why we fish!

• Replies 239
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

twochay:

Sounds like I am the only bib girlie afraid of rats then!?

It's understandable you've got a phobia after the childhood experience you mentioned. You can get therapy to get rid of phobias, but I don't know too much about it I'm afraid - what it costs, how effective etc.

john clarke

apparantley there is a website somewere dedicated to rat phobia! I have never managed to find it though, i have been told that it has loads of info to help on there, but i have trawlled the web with no luck

chesters1:

suddenly out of the corner of my eye i saw a white thing rushing towards me       my reactions took over and i leapt backwards from a kneeling position several feet  my heart pumping only to see a white carrier bag go by in the breeze   :D  

I had a very similar thing happen in Glasgow city centre a week or so ago. Just as I was turning a corner onto Union Street, late at night, I was jumped by a carrier bag.

I absolutely died on the spot. The great part was, a bunch of female revellers spotted my 'heart in the mouth' moment and thought this was enormously amusing.

I felt a little stupid... :rolleyes:

¤«Thʤ«PÔâ©H¤MëíTë®»¤

Click HERE for in-fighting, scrapping, name-calling, objectional and often explicit behaviour and cakes. Mind your tin-hat

Click HERE for Tench Fishing World forums

Playboy.jpg

LandaPikkoSig.jpg

"I envy not him that eats better meat than I do, nor him that is richer, or that wears better clothes than I do. I envy nobody but him, and him only, that catches more fish than I do"

...Izaac Walton...

"It looked a really nice swim betwixt weedbed and bank"

...Vagabond...

Peter Waller:

Rats I can cope with, adders, ahggghhh!

Adders aren't active at night, are they. Don't they need the sunlight to recharge with heat every day?

My main thought, when fishing at night, is, will there be any petrol left in the tank when I return. Will the vehicle be there, in fact!

https://www.harbourbridgelakes.com/

Pisces mortui solum cum flumine natant

You get more bites on Anglers Net

Quest:

When I night fish. I just find it really hard to sleep.

And thats a good thing mate! I can not believe the modern attitude to night fishing.Before buzzers were readily available we used silver foil tubes set on rusty welding rods for both visual and audible bite detection.We never got into zipped up sleeping bags and went to sleep! A cat nap next to the rods and tuned in to the sound of that tin foil was the order of the day (or should I say night!)! I go night fishing to catch fish not sleep.Sadley have watched many carpers sleep through runs.Not the equipment just the mind set whats wrong!

And thats my "non indicative opinion"!

• 2 months later...

Nighting on the Ouse and just a little nervy, my mate just turned his head slightly and found a deer had just done the same and they were inches away from each other.

I heard the scream a mile upsream.

-----------------------------------

Fear is that little darkroom where negatives are developed."

-Michael Pritchard

The missus saying "i"m coming fishing with you"!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

"Dont **** in the pool,and then tell me you"ve swallowed some water".

Rats? Good for entertainment on a slow session... When we were teenagers, a mate and I night fished Stamford Park boating lake in Ashton-Under-Lyne. In February. Seemed like a good idea at the time. surprisingly enough, it was very slow.

The banks are shored up with cages of rocks, which are infested with rats. We ended up slipping a Starlight onto a spare spool of line, tieing a chunk of Mars bar onto the end and seeing how close we could pull a rat before it let go and scarpered.

*Very* close is the answer.