Spinning for trout thread

AddictedToScopex

I managed four trout and a chub in a short session this afternoon with the best of them a beautiful fish of two and a half pounds.

That fish was very silvery and caused me to do a double take but it was a trout and not a salmon.

All were returned.

Species caught in 2020: Barbel. European Eel. Bleak. Perch. Pike.

Species caught in 2019: Pike. Bream. Tench. Chub. Common Carp. European Eel. Barbel. Bleak. Dace.

Species caught in 2018: Perch. Bream. Rainbow Trout. Brown Trout. Chub. Roach. Carp. European Eel.

Species caught in 2017: Siamese carp. Striped catfish. Rohu. Mekong catfish. Amazon red tail catfish. Arapaima. Black Minnow Shark. Perch. Chub. Brown Trout. Pike. Bream. Roach. Rudd. Bleak. Common Carp.

Species caught in 2016: Siamese carp. Jullien's golden carp. Striped catfish. Mekong catfish. Amazon red tail catfish. Arapaima. Alligator gar. Rohu. Black Minnow Shark. Roach, Bream, Perch, Ballan Wrasse. Rudd. Common Carp. Pike. Zander. Chub. Bleak.

Species caught in 2015: Brown Trout. Roach. Bream. Terrapin. Eel. Barbel. Pike. Chub.

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sea-trout perhaps? Any pics?

¤«Thʤ«PÔâ©H¤MëíTë®»¤

Click HERE for in-fighting, scrapping, name-calling, objectional and often explicit behaviour and cakes. Mind your tin-hat

Click HERE for Tench Fishing World forums

Playboy.jpg

LandaPikkoSig.jpg

"I envy not him that eats better meat than I do, nor him that is richer, or that wears better clothes than I do. I envy nobody but him, and him only, that catches more fish than I do"

...Izaac Walton...

"It looked a really nice swim betwixt weedbed and bank"

...Vagabond...

Sea-trout perhaps? Any pics?

Definitely not a sea trout in the middle of Worcestershire and sadly no pics either.

Colouration of the trout in the river does vary a lot though with the indigenous fish mixing with the offspring of escapes from various pools upstream where they're stocked for sport.

I had fish ranging from rich mahogany brown to this one of silver grey and there are even some that have purpleish flanks but are browns not rainbows - although a three and a half pound rainbow did once turn up.

As said, my first thought was a salmon smolt but the head shape and tail wrist were wrong.

Species caught in 2019: Pike. Bream. Tench. Chub. Common Carp. European Eel. Barbel. Bleak. Dace.

Species caught in 2018: Perch. Bream. Rainbow Trout. Brown Trout. Chub. Roach. Carp. European Eel.

Species caught in 2017: Siamese carp. Striped catfish. Rohu. Mekong catfish. Amazon red tail catfish. Arapaima. Black Minnow Shark. Perch. Chub. Brown Trout. Pike. Bream. Roach. Rudd. Bleak. Common Carp.

Species caught in 2016: Siamese carp. Jullien's golden carp. Striped catfish. Mekong catfish. Amazon red tail catfish. Arapaima. Alligator gar. Rohu. Black Minnow Shark. Roach, Bream, Perch, Ballan Wrasse. Rudd. Common Carp. Pike. Zander. Chub. Bleak.

Species caught in 2015: Brown Trout. Roach. Bream. Terrapin. Eel. Barbel. Pike. Chub.

• 3 weeks later...

Got out on the Severn last night for a short after work session.

The river is dropping but it was still 15cm or so above where it should be and carrying a hint of colour (if the season was open, it'd have been perfect for the barbel) but was surprisingly very warm.

We saw a couple of trout rising to the hundreds of mayflies on the river by couldn't get hits from those fish for love nor money.

Blind casting into the fast bubbly water produced 7 or 8 chub in the 2 - 3lb bracket and half a dozen small to mid sized perch but no spotties.

If the river continues to drop, I'm tempted to fish another section at the weekend that has some clonking trout up to about 3lb that tend too sit in the run up to fords and rock bars.