An Americal icon taken over by the Belgians !

Ken L

Actually, I was referring to "Fonzie" of "Happy Days." You've seen it?
Yup, we all know who Fonzie is, Happy Days was on in the 1970s. We have Harley Davidson's too, but Fonzie had a Triumph TR6. Cool ;)

The problem isn't what people don't know, it's what they know that just ain't so.
Vaut mieux ne rien dire et passer pour un con que de parler et prouver que t'en est un!
Mi, ch’fais toudis à m’mote

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Harley Davidson - the motorcycle that made Milwaukee famous.

" My choices in life were either to be a piano player in a whore house or a politician. And to tell the truth, there's hardly any difference!" - Harry Truman, 33rd US President

I'd say that on this side of the pond, only aficionados or at least other bikers would know that Harley Davidson was a Milwaukee company. Isn't the State of Wisconsin where all the cheese comes from?

The problem isn't what people don't know, it's what they know that just ain't so.
Vaut mieux ne rien dire et passer pour un con que de parler et prouver que t'en est un!

When I was a kid and Dad was in a posting to Dallas / Fort Worth area, my first ever ber was Lone Star.. at the time I preferred it to Pearl Beer. I then came back to the UK and decided that Fremlin's 'Tusker' and any of the Hall and Woodhouse beers knocked American 'onion water' into a cocked hat.

This is a signature, there are many signatures like it but this one is mine

I then came back to the UK and decided that Fremlin's 'Tusker' and any of the Hall and Woodhouse beers knocked American 'onion water' into a cocked hat.

What was the old joke comparing US beer and making love in a canoe....??

FWIW I reckon the tastiest bottled beer around has to be Pilsner Urquell - just delicious. It has a huge advantage over the likes of Budweiser, Shlitz, Miller, etc; it actually tastes of....um...beer :D

What was the old joke comparing US beer and making love in a canoe....??

FWIW I reckon the tastiest bottled beer around has to be Pilsner Urquell - just delicious. It has a huge advantage over the likes of Budweiser, Shlitz, Miller, etc; it actually tastes of....um...beer :D

Urquell gets my vote too, but then almost any Czech beer tastes better than any beer brewed in the UK. I thought it was Watney's that starred in the Canoe joke, (it was in Scotland anyway).

Guest Jan V
I'd say that on this side of the pond, only aficionados or at least other bikers would know that Harley Davidson was a Milwaukee company. Isn't the State of Wisconsin where all the cheese comes from?

That's why they call us cheeseheads

Greenbay (Wisconsin) Packers football fan

p1_cheesehead.jpg

Actually, it doesn't always require that a football game be in progress.

bergedick-cheesehead.jpg

" My choices in life were either to be a piano player in a whore house or a politician. And to tell the truth, there's hardly any difference!" - Harry Truman, 33rd US President

That's why they call us cheeseheads
I didn't know that they called Winsconsinians (sic) as cheeseheads. If you were born in Des Moines would you be Mrs Potato Head? :D Edited by corydoras

Weird thing for me about Harleys is, I get the whole 'brotherhood' thing and why people own them, but....

I think they're horrible pieces of machinery. Slow, noisy and probably not very comfortable.

A bit like old VW Beetles and 'proper' Minis (which I was into).

It's great how we all like different things :)

Anglers' Net Shopping Partners - Please Support Your Forum

CLICK HERE for all your Amazon purchases - books, photography equipment, DVD's and more!

CLICK HERE for Go Outdoors. HUGE discounts!

FOLLOW ANGLERS' NET ON TWITTER- CLICK HERE - @anglersnet

PLEASE 'LIKE' US ON FACEBOOK - CLICK HERE