An Americal icon taken over by the Belgians !

Ken L

Guest Jan V
I didn't know that they called Winsconsinians (sic) as cheeseheads. If you were born in Des Moines would you be Mrs Potato Head? :D

nah, you would have to be from Idaho to be a potato head. Each state also has a state animal, flower, etc. Wisconsin is also known as the "badger state" besides the Dairy State. I might call people from Iowa (Des Moines) a flat head (even tho it's considered the "buckeye state). Has to be one of the most flat and boring states to drive through :rolleyes:

BTW, the proper term is Wisconsinite" :)

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

nah, you would have to be from Idaho to be a potato head. Each state also has a state animal, flower, etc. Wisconsin is also known as the "badger state" besides the Dairy State. I might call people from Iowa (Des Moines) a flat head (even tho it's considered the "buckeye state). Has to be one of the most flat and boring states to drive through :rolleyes:

BTW, the proper term is Wisconsinite" :)

Hi Jan

I always get Idaho and Iowa mixed up, I don't know why, maybe its because the both start with the letter I. I know about the state nicknames, Texas being 'The Lone Star State', Hawaii being the 'Aloha State' etc,etc. Iowa sure is flat, I've never driven through it, but I have flown over it.

PS I thought that Ohio was the Buckeye State?

The problem isn't what people don't know, it's what they know that just ain't so.
Vaut mieux ne rien dire et passer pour un con que de parler et prouver que t'en est un!
Mi, ch’fais toudis à m’mote

He caught you, Jan. A Buckeye is nothing more than a nut. Oh,howIhateohiostate! :D

Be good and you will be lonely.
~ Mark Twain

Guest Jan V
Hi Jan

I always get Idaho and Iowa mixed up, I don't know why, maybe its because the both start with the letter I. I know about the state nicknames, Texas being 'The Lone Star State', Hawaii being the 'Aloha State' etc,etc. Iowa sure is flat, I've never driven through it, but I have flown over it.

You're right, Cory. I was half right. Iowa is the Hawkeye state. Must have been the good drugs I'm taking for my shoulder that made me hallucinate just a tad.

men-messages.jpg
" My choices in life were either to be a piano player in a whore house or a politician. And to tell the truth, there's hardly any difference!" - Harry Truman, 33rd US President

you are really sick, Newt!!!!!
Pap Smear, I get it now :doh: . Thanks Jan, I would never have gotten the joke if you hadn't posted.

The problem isn't what people don't know, it's what they know that just ain't so.
Vaut mieux ne rien dire et passer pour un con que de parler et prouver que t'en est un!
Mi, ch’fais toudis à m’mote

Pap Smear, I get it now :doh: . Thanks Jan, I would never have gotten the joke if you hadn't posted.

most welcome, Cory. I live with the joke and his twisted mind. :P