Sinking Dog Biscuits

Elton

Posted on behalf of Gary. Please add all replies to this thread:

when fishing floating dog biscuit my biscuit sinks,any reason for this,iam using chum mixers and a dacron hair rig with a size 8 hook,when using same tactics with a cheaper supermarket brand of biscuit i dont have this problem,any answers appreciated.

Anglers' Net Shopping Partners - Please Support Your Forum

CLICK HERE for all your Amazon purchases - books, photography equipment, DVD's and more!

CLICK HERE for Go Outdoors. HUGE discounts!

FOLLOW ANGLERS' NET ON TWITTER- CLICK HERE - @anglersnet

PLEASE 'LIKE' US ON FACEBOOK - CLICK HERE

Apparently the recipe for Chum mixers was changed a while ago and now they are more inclined to sink. Why not stick to the cheaper mixers if they work? I've been told that Tesco mixers are made to the same recipe as Chum used to be. Otherwise, try a smaller, lighter hook and/or grease the last 3 feet of line (all but 4-6 inches in front of the hook).

I used to hair rig mixers, but now find it more convenient (and just as effective) to superglue a tiny piece of rubber band to the mixer and nick the hook through that.

Apparently the recipe for Chum mixers was changed a while ago and now they are more inclined to sink. Why not stick to the cheaper mixers if they work? I've been told that Tesco mixers are made to the same recipe as Chum used to be. Otherwise, try a smaller, lighter hook and/or grease the last 3 feet of line (all but 4-6 inches in front of the hook).

I used to hair rig mixers, but now find it more convenient (and just as effective) to superglue a tiny piece of rubber band to the mixer and nick the hook through that.

The Tesco one work perfect. I think there only £3 or less for a big bag. I fix mine by usion one of those elastics that slide down the hook. Most tackle shops ive been in sell them, there a small elastic with a hole so far round that your hook goes through. Then u pull the band over the mixer.

84854438.png