Greetings from lincoln

nick 225

Hi.

Im nick just returning to fishing after a 10 year break, im looking forward to reading posts and cathing up on new tactics.

Im based in lincoln and would love to hear reccomendations on good fishing venuies in the area.

regards

nick

Welcome to Anglers' Net Nick. If you post in the Coarse section asking about venues, you should get some answers. I think we have several members who are local to the Lincoln area.

" My choices in life were either to be a piano player in a whore house or a politician. And to tell the truth, there's hardly any difference!" - Harry Truman, 33rd US President

Hi.

Im nick just returning to fishing after a 10 year break, im looking forward to reading posts and cathing up on new tactics.

Im based in lincoln and would love to hear reccomendations on good fishing venuies in the area.

regards

nick

I am 9 miles from Lincoln centre.

Buy yourself the Lincoln and District Anglers Association membership from Castaways off Tritton road, membership is £25 per year for adults and £7.50 per year for under 16's.

Membership ends 1 year from start date and is not linked to the open and closed season dates.

If you get one remember to send off your details as you get free insurance against injury.

You then have the Fossedyke up to the Marina at the Lincoln Uni, Bream, Tench, Pike, big Perch, Roach and even Gudgeon.

My Son fished for Pike on the Fossedyke by the golf course for the first time in his life and hit a 25lb fish on his first ever cast with a plug. Saxilby is a great place for general course fishing and provides great fun, you get the odd Eel there too.

The Tilley which comes into the Fossedyke on the A57 near Micks Cafe, big Tench and Bream with a few decent Pike.

The River Trent at Laughterton and North Clifton, which have produced some magnifiicent Carp, Bream and Barbel already this year.

You have The Blue Lagoon off Skellingthorpe road, full of beautiful Crucian Carp and many other species excluding major Carp species. Boutham Park pond, a bit rough on the bottom but with nice stocks of fish including Pike.

Swanholme Lake, which is hard but has some excellent Carp and Pike in it, off Skellingthorpe road and Starmers Lake next to Sainsburys which holds Carp, Bream, Tench and Black Tench.

You are not allowed to remove or kill any fish including Eels.

------------------------

In Newark you have the Millgate canal and trent stretches which have been producing some specimen Barbel and Bream.

Millgate weir has thrown out some excellent Chub catches last year.

Loads of things locally for you to put your bait into.

Remember to buy your License as they are rightly keen on checkups.

Buy yourself the Lincoln and District Anglers Association membership from Castaways off Tritton road, membership is £25 per year for adults and £7.50 per year for under 16's.

Membership ends 1 year from start date and is not linked to the open and closed season dates.

If you get one remember to send off your details as you get free insurance against injury.

You then have the Fossedyke up to the Marina at the Lincoln Uni, Bream, Tench, Pike, big Perch, Roach and even Gudgeon.

My Son fished for Pike on the Fossedyke by the golf course for the first time in his life and hit a 25lb fish on his first ever cast with a plug. Saxilby is a great place for general course fishing and provides great fun, you get the odd Eel there too.

The Tilley which comes into the Fossedyke on the A57 near Micks Cafe, big Tench and Bream with a few decent Pike.

The River Trent at Laughterton and North Clifton, which have produced some magnifiicent Carp, Bream and Barbel already this year.

You have The Blue Lagoon off Skellingthorpe road, full of beautiful Crucian Carp and many other species excluding major Carp species. Boutham Park pond, a bit rough on the bottom but with nice stocks of fish including Pike.

Swanholme Lake, which is hard but has some excellent Carp and Pike in it, off Skellingthorpe road and Starmers Lake next to Sainsburys which holds Carp, Bream, Tench and Black Tench.

------------------------

In Newark you have the Millgate canal and trent stretches which have been producing some specimen Barbel and Bream.

Many thanks for the welcome and the replies, i will be getting the book asap as blue lagoon is about half a mile from me so look forward to trying my luck .

• 3 weeks later...

------------------------

Great info :thumbs: . We're hoping to move to the Skegness area later this summer, so I may have to pick your brains too (if that's OK).

"The most beautiful thing we can experience is the mysterious. It is the source of all true art and all science. He to whom this emotion is a stranger, who can no longer pause to wonder and stand rapt in awe, is as good as dead: his eyes are closed."