Microcat MK1 Handset

twochay

Can anyone please help, I have got a Microcat Mark 1 baitboat but unfortunately no handset ( long story involving my big feet and 20' of water :wallbash: )

I have contacted angling technics who have advised me that it is no longer available and that I would need to upgrade at a cost of £180 :headhurt:

If anyone knows were i can get a second hand set please let me knowm, maybe there is a spares or repair jobby somewere?!

What you need is a Futaba Skysport T4YF 4 channel, 40mhz transmitter, in fact any 4 channel, 40mhz transmitter "should" work if you have the correct crystal in the transmitter (handset)

What you need is a Futaba Skysport T4YF 4 channel, 40mhz transmitter, in fact any 4 channel, 40mhz transmitter "should" work if you have the correct crystal in the transmitter (handset)

Thanks for the reply Si, sounds expensive and complicated! But I will give this info to the local model shop geek and see what he says!

Hi

I can help you with this is your microcat a mk1 and if so it should be 40mhz, i repair baitboats so i will have a look what i can do for you and let you know in due course, am i right in thinking that the hoppers are on the left stick left and right, the lights on and off up/down and the right stick is forward reverse left and right.

You actually need a skysport 4 tv4f 40 mhz 4 channel.

Cheers

Steve :D

Hi Its steve again

Have just looked for one in my workshop unfortunatly i dont have one.

I have found you one though go on ebay and put this number in 120908114972 this is the transmitter you will need, it is exactly the same as the original one it is 40mhz, all you will need to do is find out what mhz is used in the boat just buy the crystall set you need and your away :) . The only problem with this is you will need to open your boat up and there will be a grey box on the left hand side this will have your crystall enclosed in it read what mhz it is and buy a new set on that frequency, put the rx into the boat and the tx into your handset and this should work a treat.

Take a look at my video and you will see that there is a lip all around the hull when opening the boat do not cut this as it will be a nightmare to reseal the link is http://youtu.be/o8Tpr65o4_E this is my youtube account of some of the repairs i have done.

Take a look

Cheers steve :D

You actually need a skysport 4 tv4f 40 mhz 4 channel.

Cheers

Steve :D

The skysport t4yf is the original one that came with the mk1 microcat Steve, not the tv4f, thats whats came with my "cat" anyway.

The skysport t4yf is the original one that came with the mk1 microcat Steve, not the tv4f, thats whats came with my "cat" anyway.

Hi sorry it is a t4vf this is a picture of a mkI i repaired recently, i have also got another one in at the moment and the handset is the same, but either will do the job as long as it is 40mhz :)

Hi sorry it is a t4vf this is a picture of a mkI i repaired recently, i have also got another one in at the moment and the handset is the same, but either will do the job as long as it is 40mhz :)

Sorry for the delay in replying, I have been away on my holidays I wasnt being rude. Thanks for all your help, luckily the handset is still on E Bay so I will bid on it, just need to get my head around what to do once I have got it!