Normark rod help

lutra

A few seasons back whilst looking for a new float rod i took some very good advice from tigger (Ian) and bought an Avenger 11 (13'NCA13X). For the kind of trotting that i do a lot of on my local river that you just don't know what your next fish will be, its been dream come true. The only down side to this rod that i can come up with is that just occasionally i wish it was a foot or two longer just to give me that little bit more reach on a big river.

Being a bit of a new comer to Normark rods and there being that many different models made that i'm not at all sure what models they did make, in what lengths and what you can get extensions for.

I should also point out that i'm not a fan of extensions on rods as IMO they always seem to spoil the balance and the action of the rod a bit. So ive been keeping an eye out on good old ebay for the same model that i already have coming up in a straight 3 piece 14', but as none have come up i'm now thinking that they may never have made one or an extension for it????

My limited knowledge of normark rods tells me there is a Mk 1 which you can get a 14', a team normark 1000 which i know you can get a titan 14' in (as i have one), a team normark 2000 (these seem very sort after, did they make them in a 14'?) a Mk 2 which i have the 13', but i'm told there is two versions of the Mk2 and lastly a 3000.

So can anyone help to add to the gaps in my limited knowledge like models ive missed out, what lengths they come in and what you can get extensions for?

Edited by lutra

A tiger does not lose sleep over the opinion of sheep

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A few seasons back whilst looking for a new float rod i took some very good advice from tigger (Ian) and bought an Avenger 11 (13'NCA13X). For the kind of trotting that i do a lot of on my local river that you just don't know what your next fish will be, its been dream come true. The only down side to this rod that i can come up with is that just occasionally i wish it was a foot or two longer just to give me that little bit more reach on a big river.

Being a bit of a new comer to Normark rods and there being that many different models made that i'm not at all sure what models they did make, in what lengths and what you can get extensions for.

I should also point out that i'm not a fan of extensions on rods as IMO they always seem to spoil the balance and the action of the rod a bit. So ive been keeping an eye out on good old ebay for the same model that i already have coming up in a straight 3 piece 14', but as none have come up i'm now thinking that they may never have made one or an extension for it????

My limited knowledge of normark rods tells me there is a Mk 1 which you can get a 14', a team normark 1000 which i know you can get a titan 14' in (as i have one), a team normark 2000 (these seem very sort after, did they make them in a 14'?) a Mk 2 which i have the 13', but i'm told there is two versions of the Mk2 and lastly a 3000.

So can anyone help to add to the gaps in my limited knowledge like models ive missed out, what lengths they come in and what you can get extensions for?

Brian, they did make the team normark 2000 range in 14 footers (at least in the titan and avenger). Then the MKII range where all 13ft. Then came the latest MKII rods (you'd think they'd have changed their name to MKIII's ) which where also 13ft but had a 1 ft extension taking them up to 14 ft.

Eventually you'll get a 14 ft avenger m8 but you'll have to keep your eyes on fleebay (everyday) and be prepared to pay between 200 and 400 ripp's depending on the condition, the model and what the other bidders are prepared to pay.

I forgot to show you my 13ft team 2000 titan with the 2ft extension...they still feel good with the 2ft extension.

Brian, they did make the team normark 2000 range in 14 footers (at least in the titan and avenger). Then the MKII range where all 13ft. Then came the latest MKII rods (you'd think they'd have changed their name to MKIII's ) which where also 13ft but had a 1 ft extension taking them up to 14 ft.

Eventually you'll get a 14 ft avenger m8 but you'll have to keep your eyes on fleebay (everyday) and be prepared to pay between 200 and 400 ripp's depending on the condition, the model and what the other bidders are prepared to pay.

I forgot to show you my 13ft team 2000 titan with the 2ft extension...they still feel good with the 2ft extension.

Cheers Ian. I'll keep putting meh coppers away then. :thumbs:

• 4 years later...

Tigger,

Is the Normark Avenger 1000 14ft anywhere near as good as the 2000?

I think Brian (Lutra) has the 14ft titan 1000 and he really rates it. I've held it and it does feel nice. I know Brian has caught lots of fish of all sizes whilst using it. I would imagine the avenger 1000 will be an outstanding rod. The main differences that I can see is the blanks are painted a different colour than the 2000's and the reel seats are silver rather than gold and the guides on the 2000 series are titanium, the guides on the 1000 series are normal fuji SIC's.

Maybe you could take it to a rod maker/repairer & have a bespoke extension made?? :g:

Edited by Martin56

Fishin' - "Best Fun Ya' can 'ave wi' Ya' Clothes On"!!

Thanks Tigger, I knew if I needed to know about one of these rods you were the person to ask. How much would you consider one of these is worth in good condition. It was dark and I noticed one guide bent, judging by other tackle not particular cared for but this rod looked hardly used so not as bad as the others gear. Bag was light green and blank also green.

Lutra,

Just a little longer?

Use the "dick inches" conversion chart. You don't need another rod. You will ALWAYS wish you could fish a little longer, more often, further away or you will stop fishing. It is the nature of the beast.

Phone

Tigger,

Is the Normark Avenger 1000 14ft anywhere near as good as the 2000?

Seems they never made a 2000 Avenger 14ft, only in a 1000 or a Titan 1000 or 2000 14ft.

Been using a 1000 14ft Avenger a lot the last few years. Its a great rod when there are lumps like barbel about and you can generally pick one up for around £100 in good nick.