Normark rod help

lutra

Thanks Tigger, I knew if I needed to know about one of these rods you were the person to ask. How much would you consider one of these is worth in good condition. It was dark and I noticed one guide bent, judging by other tackle not particular cared for but this rod looked hardly used so not as bad as the others gear. Bag was light green and blank also green.

If the rod is hardly use then the guide isn't really much of an issue. The price depends on how much you want the rod. I'd say if the guide can be gently bent back into line it's well worth £150 if you want it...good luck bb :).

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Absolutely gutted. Won a Normark Crusader for £50 with postage. It arrived today, my first Normark rod, it is an absolutely beautiful rod. Unfortunately this one is four sections with the butt section squashed flat for about 10 inches. Packaging absolutely destroyed. Now have to hope I can get my money back.

Thats a shame. If it was from ebay you will definitely get the money back. Most places even. It is up to the sender to apply for compensation from the courier for the damaged goods.

For any web design needs check out http://www.chiptenwebsites.co.uk

Thats a shame. If it was from ebay you will definitely get the money back. Most places even. It is up to the sender to apply for compensation from the courier for the damaged goods.

Yes you'll get your money back, but the rods I've won on eBay & one from Mail order all arrived in Bomb Proof, thick cardboard tubes with taped up, plastic end caps.

It's not "Rocking Horse Science" :bb: & sender should have made sure the packaging was fit for purpose!! :uhuh:

Sender loses I feel. (Courier may dispute, re the packing quality??)

Result is - you didn't get the rod of your dreams - He loses 50 quid!! (maybe)

Edited by Martin56

Fishin' - "Best Fun Ya' can 'ave wi' Ya' Clothes On"!!

It was in a normal rod tube but not the black plastic type but the clear plastic. This looks to have gone brittle with age so shattered. It looks like it had been bent double at one end but is smashed along whole length, almost like it had been driven over.

I remember sending two rods off on the same day, one by royal mail and one via TNT. Next day I contacted the buyers to ask if the rods had arrived ok and they both replied back that their rods had been snapped into pieces!

Both those rods where in two tubes and to break them would have had to be deliberate.

TNT wouldn't pay out saying that their small print stated that they don't insure fishing tackle despite the fact that i'd paid extra for insurance FFS!...so I lost the brand new unused "original JW Avon Quiver rod" the cost of sending the rod and the return post.

I lost the postage both ways with royal mail but got my money for the fly rod i'd sent through them.

This may of been a second anyway so no great loss. Quality looks beautiful, guides ok. lovely slim blank but playing with the remnants I have found that the joints are awful. The amount of play, even when waggling the remnants, is the worst I have ever seen. If it had been repairable I would have to shorten the butt section slightly to take the play out.

This may of been a second anyway so no great loss. Quality looks beautiful, guides ok. lovely slim blank but playing with the remnants I have found that the joints are awful. The amount of play, even when waggling the remnants, is the worst I have ever seen. If it had been repairable I would have to shorten the butt section slightly to take the play out.

So then, IF you do have a problem getting a refund - you could always go down the "ITEM NOT AS DESCRIBED" route with the eBay Admin' team.

The poor Joints should have been declared by the Seller & put it it on as "IN NEED OF REPAIR".

I'd also post a Negative review on the sellers Item & send his % age down.

Edited by Martin56

Fishin' - "Best Fun Ya' can 'ave wi' Ya' Clothes On"!!

Money refunded and not asked for rod back as yet. Have pieced back together as best as I can just to get a feel for it. This would be a lovely rod, not really sure why it not talked about more. Handle length is nice and short for trotting just 20.5", just enough in front of the reel for the way I hold the rod, well balanced with my Avon Perfection applied, good quality guides etc. Shame it would fold up if attempted to cast let alone catch a fish.

Does anyone know the line ratings for the Normark Avenger 1000 14ft. I have managed to obtain one. Had a quick cast but it will now have to wait till June - very frustrating.

Money refunded and not asked for rod back as yet. Have pieced back together as best as I can just to get a feel for it. This would be a lovely rod, not really sure why it not talked about more. Handle length is nice and short for trotting just 20.5", just enough in front of the reel for the way I hold the rod, well balanced with my Avon Perfection applied, good quality guides etc. Shame it would fold up if attempted to cast let alone catch a fish.

Does anyone know the line ratings for the Normark Avenger 1000 14ft. I have managed to obtain one. Had a quick cast but it will now have to wait till June - very frustrating.

Avenger 1000 perfect with mainlines of 2 to 3lbs.