Bite Alarms

Kappa

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I hate the flippin' things, they spoil otherwise perfectly tranquil surroundings.

Sadly theres a lot of "anglers" around who have never learnt to fish any other way and wouldn't know how to use any other method of bite indication properly.

It would be nice if a few clubs were to have at least one stillwater on their lists where they were banned - then we could have an escape.

The other thing that gets me going is the lot who descend on small waters stocked with small match carp, but fish with hugely powerful carp rods, 3oz leads, bite alarms and enough camping gear for a fortnights holiday - as if they were on a huge pressured water fishing for record breaking fish.

As it is most of my fishing is on the river now as its the only way to get a bit of P&Q.

Rant over.

Steve

On one of my favourite Highland waters, there lives a friendly little Bullfinch, who always comes looking for titbits, be it bread, maggots, bits of fat from the frying pan...whatever.

Anyway, this wee chap almost always makes an appearance but on out last few visits we've heard the joyful noise of the 'alarms' going off.

I look round to check the rods. 1, 2 and 3..nope, not mine. 1, 2 and 3..nope, not his either. Hmmmm??

It turns out, after much head scratching, that our little friend has developed a new vocabulary, consisting mainly of Fox Micron beeps and runs and it's not just kinda like it either. It's perfect!!

I quite enjoy his newfound talent but he doesn't help when your trying to read a book or go for a wee... :)

Maybe I should send him down for a couple of sessions with Richard and Jeepster....

¤«Thʤ«PÔâ©H¤MëíTë®»¤

Click HERE for in-fighting, scrapping, name-calling, objectional and often explicit behaviour and cakes. Mind your tin-hat

Click HERE for Tench Fishing World forums

Playboy.jpg

LandaPikkoSig.jpg

"I envy not him that eats better meat than I do, nor him that is richer, or that wears better clothes than I do. I envy nobody but him, and him only, that catches more fish than I do"

...Izaac Walton...

"It looked a really nice swim betwixt weedbed and bank"

...Vagabond...

for the record i learnt to catch by freeling single maggots in clear water,bite was when it dissapeared!

worked well for chub with bigger baits ever since!

AKA RATTY

LondonBikers.Com....Suzuki SV1000S K3 Rider and Predator Crazy Angler!

As for some members on this website know that I am partial deaf in both ears. So bite alarms is essential for me but for carp/pike anglers whose have bite alarms so loud that even I could hear a few yards away is beyond the joke.

When I use bite alarms for my carping - that my setting is just above the zero setting as will be usig my "eyes" for the swingers/bobbins but what I do have is a vibrating pillow pad which is connected to the sounderbox and it will work when a run is occurs. But it will not worked great when raining! :(

But for Pike fishing that I am afraid is a very powerful siren for me. As the is no connection for me to adapt the vibrating pillow pad. :(:o still better than nothing as I use them when nobody else is piking on my water.

I have being looking for something to replace these very old optonics and sounderbox for a more of these modern bite alarms.

I do like some of the Fox MMRX bite alarms with the vibrating receiver and the good fishing bite alarms pager but still doing some research on them two makes.

Growing old is inevitable but growing up is optional

http://www.bass-online.co.uk/

I use them aswell, but also hate the noise brigade, i have them on the lowest setting i need, and if doing a night i sleep near my rods.

What annoys me most about using these at night is people having thier bait runners as loose as they can go in open water, when they get a take you get a hundred yards beeppppppppppppppp.

I fished thursday night and about half three somebodys alarm went for a good 2 minutes, maybe 3, it got to the point where the whole lake was awake and shouting at him.

And do we dare mention stoners :mad:

Cheers

<º))))><.·´¯`·.ÐÅѸ.·´¯`·.¸><((((º>

IPB Image

DJMCJERICO:

I use them aswell, but also hate the noise brigade, i have them on the lowest setting i need, and if doing a night i sleep near my rods.

I have a remote for mine and sleep with it right next to my ear. That way, the buzzers themselves can be set low.

I also have illuminated swingers.

All that kit may seem OTT at times, but it makes life so much easier at night.

Anglers' Net Shopping Partners - Please Support Your Forum

CLICK HERE for all your Amazon purchases - books, photography equipment, DVD's and more!

CLICK HERE for Go Outdoors. HUGE discounts!

FOLLOW ANGLERS' NET ON TWITTER- CLICK HERE - @anglersnet

PLEASE 'LIKE' US ON FACEBOOK - CLICK HERE

DJMCJERICO:

oooooooooooh illuminated swingers eh, whats wrong with ramming a starlight in them    

Ah, but each of mine are different colours, too. Can't have them all green, you know :D

Anglers' Net Shopping Partners - Please Support Your Forum

CLICK HERE for all your Amazon purchases - books, photography equipment, DVD's and more!

CLICK HERE for Go Outdoors. HUGE discounts!

FOLLOW ANGLERS' NET ON TWITTER- CLICK HERE - @anglersnet

PLEASE 'LIKE' US ON FACEBOOK - CLICK HERE