Can I catch a tench on a hair-rigged twig?

Anderoo

Yee-Ha!!

Very well done, Andrew! :bigemo_harabe_net-193:

You now hold the British record for the biggest fish caught on a stick!

Wingham Specimen Coarse & Carp Syndicates www.winghamfisheries.co.uk Beautiful, peaceful, little fished gravel pit syndicates in Kent with very big fish. 2017 Forum Fish-In Sat May 6 to Mon May 8. Articles http://www.anglersnet.co.uk/steveburke.htm Index of all my articles on Angler's Net

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Maybe they're a good bream bait too...!

While I'm here, if there are any other silly hookbaits to try that anyone can think of, let me know - and if you run out of bait at the fish-in, don't worry, there are plenty of trees ;)

And those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music

As a dyed in the wool lure nut who's been catching fish on unflavoured bits of wood and plastic for years, I've now watched the carp/tench/bream bandwagon go from super expensive exotically flavoured, high tech, high protein boilies all the way to unflavoured bits of wood and plastic.

It'd a funny old world sometimes.

Species caught in 2020: Barbel. European Eel. Bleak. Perch. Pike.

Species caught in 2019: Pike. Bream. Tench. Chub. Common Carp. European Eel. Barbel. Bleak. Dace.

Species caught in 2018: Perch. Bream. Rainbow Trout. Brown Trout. Chub. Roach. Carp. European Eel.

Species caught in 2017: Siamese carp. Striped catfish. Rohu. Mekong catfish. Amazon red tail catfish. Arapaima. Black Minnow Shark. Perch. Chub. Brown Trout. Pike. Bream. Roach. Rudd. Bleak. Common Carp.

Species caught in 2016: Siamese carp. Jullien's golden carp. Striped catfish. Mekong catfish. Amazon red tail catfish. Arapaima. Alligator gar. Rohu. Black Minnow Shark. Roach, Bream, Perch, Ballan Wrasse. Rudd. Common Carp. Pike. Zander. Chub. Bleak.

Species caught in 2015: Brown Trout. Roach. Bream. Terrapin. Eel. Barbel. Pike. Chub.

Did you use any sort of dip/glug, and what species of tree did the wood come from, and what shape and length was the twig :D :D

The two best times to go fishing are when it's raining and when it's not

Guest Chris Perch
Nice one Anderoo now take it to the next level and fish the hook totally bare. Seriously.

Or try with no hook at all and just a twig Lol no seriously a bare hook might well catch a fish but I think it would be better with just a small piece of foam on the shank.

Nice one Anderoo now take it to the next level and fish the hook totally bare. Seriously.

Ooh, I wonder if I dare... Can I balance the hook with black foam? Or is that cheating? ;)

And those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music

Ooh, I wonder if I dare... Can I balance the hook with black foam? Or is that cheating? ;)

I think balancing the hook is quite acceptable as after all that kind of helps prove the theory. When Hutchy first tried it though the hook wasn't even balance. It did however have a "paste" of hemp held together with lake bottom mud moulded over it. This obviously broke down very quickly so in practice he was left with a bare un balanced hook sat on a small pile of mud and hemp.

And thats my "non indicative opinion"!