malta - it's that time of year

phil dean

well, yet again i make my annual pilgrimage onto this part of the forum to ask...has anyone fished there, what should I expect, any tips??????

btw, hello guys. pop over onto the fly fishing forum anytime for a chat.

phil,

JOIN ANMC TODAY

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Haven't been there in a few years Phil but I have one tip for you. Take some sunscreen :lol: BTW I didn't get a chance to fish.

Jeff

Piscator non solum piscatur.

Yellow Prowler13

2274389822_1033c38a0e_s.jpg

Ask me at 75...

factor 25 and factor 15...never less.

:D

i'm trying top find out about shore fishing but trolling seems to be the main focus.

i'm assuming the fishing will be similar to cyprus but I just don't know.

phil,

JOIN ANMC TODAY

What part of the island? We took a trip out to Gozo for the day on a catamaran.. By the end I was desperate for shade. :boat: I bet you could do great things with rapala rattletraps or any type that rattle. I used them on Ascension for a type of jack crevalle. I don't know what licenses you may need though.

Jeff

Piscator non solum piscatur.

Yellow Prowler13

2274389822_1033c38a0e_s.jpg

Ask me at 75...

i'm going to post on the forum I posted the link to and ask, that will probably be the most sensible way. English is the second national language and everyone learns it at school, plus the maltese are great people from those I've met before, so I expect that the responses will be helpful.....a bit like this place.

phil,

JOIN ANMC TODAY

hi phil, just a thought, but malta always used to be a diving hotspot.might be worth googling"diving malta" or something, to get an idea of fish life etc.

never been there myself,but heard good things about it. have a good time. :)

well, yet again i make my annual pilgrimage onto this part of the forum to ask...has anyone fished there, what should I expect, any tips??????

btw, hello guys. pop over onto the fly fishing forum anytime for a chat.

Phil get in touch with their fishing club - kingfisher - do a google search. I finished up fishing with their treasurer Alex Cianti. You will find photos of me on their visitors gallery. Hope this helps Phil. :)

Fishing digs on the Mull of Galloway - recommend

HERE

babyforavatar.jpg

Me when I had hair

Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy