Sorted!

Rusty

Everything I need to fish. Two Avon rods set up with simple running feeders for tench action and the drop shotting gear for perchy antics when I get bored. The landing net is a bit whiffy and has been quarantined for the moment.

DSCN0460.jpg

Cooking stuff and grub will go in the not-so-lightweight TFG compact seatbox which will also double as a bedside table, only the perishables to buy.

Sort out clothing, pick up loany bedchair from tackle shop, drive 150 miles, meet & greet other AN cats, rendezvous with Paul for the bivvy and then fish.

I must surely be in the running for the most organised award.

It's never a 'six', let's put it back

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Hi Rusty,

I think i can beat that with just my bait...lol

post-21621-1337110757_thumb.jpg

I like to be prepared...

Cant show you all the kit yet as I have ordered some new stuff and it's due to arrive tomorrow. (Another day of no doing any work but looking out the window every 5 minutes...lol)

Blimey Russ you won't have time to try all of that, there's got to be ten different baits there and zillions of combinations, how will you decide which one to start with? I'm taking one hookbait (corn) and tactics will be to make sure it's in the middle of a pile of liquidised bread, corn and hemp, hence the feeder......if it doesn't work then so be it.

It's never a 'six', let's put it back

I must surely be in the running for the most organised award.

don't know you lot but here mine lot

Photo0039_640x480.jpg

Photo0040_640x480.jpg

Photo0044_001_360x480.jpg

:lol::lol::lol:

Not to mention the rods,bivvy and stormpoles will be in the car! :lol:

Edited by Andrew Burgess

Growing old is inevitable but growing up is optional

http://www.bass-online.co.uk/

Blimey Russ you won't have time to try all of that, there's got to be ten different baits there and zillions of combinations, how will you decide which one to start with? I'm taking one hookbait (corn) and tactics will be to make sure it's in the middle of a pile of liquidised bread, corn and hemp, hence the feeder......if it doesn't work then so be it.

Well i am hoping that most of what you see there will last for quite a while not just Wingham. But i will fish 3 rods, tutti fruity boilie on one, white choc boilie on the other, and float fish the 3rd rod swapping between maize and worms. if i catch 2 on any of those baits and one on the others ill swap them. But always carry around a couple of cans or luncheon meat and sweet corn. They are my go too baits when everything else fails...lol

And them there is just some pva friendly method mix, chilli hemp, maize and gunk to send out with the boilies.

But if last year is anything to go by the best fish will be on a simple float rig, fished with a centrepin and bloody big worm on the end...lol

im not so sure about Jolly Green Giant sweetcorn. i find it comes off far too easily & turns to mush quite quickly.

check out marks & spencers own brand, or even tesco. its by far a hell of a lot tougher than green giant.

Hi Andy, i do agree which is why i have brought some maize this year. The jolly giant is just back up...its canned and will last for ever in your bag. If i do fish sweet corn on the ledger or float fish at distance then i bring a bag of frozen sweet corn and use the jolly giant stuff as loose offerings (nice and juicy).

A camo bait bucket - for shame.....

Species caught in 2020: Barbel. European Eel. Bleak. Perch. Pike.

Species caught in 2019: Pike. Bream. Tench. Chub. Common Carp. European Eel. Barbel. Bleak. Dace.

Species caught in 2018: Perch. Bream. Rainbow Trout. Brown Trout. Chub. Roach. Carp. European Eel.

Species caught in 2017: Siamese carp. Striped catfish. Rohu. Mekong catfish. Amazon red tail catfish. Arapaima. Black Minnow Shark. Perch. Chub. Brown Trout. Pike. Bream. Roach. Rudd. Bleak. Common Carp.

Species caught in 2016: Siamese carp. Jullien's golden carp. Striped catfish. Mekong catfish. Amazon red tail catfish. Arapaima. Alligator gar. Rohu. Black Minnow Shark. Roach, Bream, Perch, Ballan Wrasse. Rudd. Common Carp. Pike. Zander. Chub. Bleak.

Species caught in 2015: Brown Trout. Roach. Bream. Terrapin. Eel. Barbel. Pike. Chub.

don't know you lot but here mine lot

Not to mention the rods,bivvy and stormpoles will be in the car! :lol:

Nice Andrew, that looks like a big bed chair...Did you opt for what i call 'The Fat Ba*@"rd 2000'...lol i.e. an XL wide bed chair?

My brother bought one of those last year...the bloody thing filled up my car boot all on its own...:-( Grrrr

But i had a little lay on one and I have to say....I want one...lol But need a bigger car first...or a trailer...