Facebook. Like it or loathe it?

Facebook Poll.  

23 members have voted

1. 1. Do you like facebook?

• Yes.
    • No.

I get hacked off that so many competitions nowadays require you to "like" the companys page and assume the whole world has Facebook. There is no web based option. Also I worry that some companys are using it to do business without having a real web page. When the fad goes the way of other so-called social network sites a lot of people will see their world come crashing down. Especially the sad ones who post to all the memorial sites that crop up when someone they have never met dies

It will die when the electricity runs out and people realise they don't have to be in touch with strangers 24 hours a day and realise there is a world outside their front door

Edited by wotnobivvy

The two best times to go fishing are when it's raining and when it's not

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

an old school pal called me a stalker because i posted a few comments on some of her sexy pics(mirror shot with only the undies on). total idiot so she was. i said to her why did she put them on facebook for people to look at and comment on if she was offended by "nice pic you look great".

it probably didnt help i was the one taking the pics through her bedroom window.... only joking about that btw :D

Owner of Tacklesack.co.uk

Moderator at The-Pikers-Pit.co.uk

All you seem to hear kids, AND adults is FACEBOOK this and that, or Oh i'll face booy you, WTF for you stupid get, the prson is in front of you right now.

"La conclusión es que los insultos sólo perjudican cuando vienen de alguien que respeto". e5006689.gif

“Vescere bracis meis”

I am going to vote NO and get the feeling the poll will suggest we don't like it. If we did we would be on the AN Facebook pages and not on the forum :D

Stephen

Species Caught 2014

Zander, Pike, Bream, Roach, Tench, Perch, Rudd, Common Carp, Mirror Carp, Eel, Grayling, Brown Trout, Rainbow Trout

Species Caught 2013

Pike, Zander, Bream, Roach, Eel, Tench, Rudd, Perch, Common Carp, Koi Carp, Brown Goldfish, Grayling, Brown Trout, Chub, Roosterfish, Dorado, Black Grouper, Barracuda, Mangrove Snapper, Mutton Snapper, Jack Crevalle, Tarpon, Red Snapper

Species Caught 2012
Zander, Pike, Perch, Chub, Ruff, Gudgeon, Dace, Minnow, Wels Catfish, Common Carp, Mirror Carp, Ghost Carp, Roach, Bream, Eel, Rudd, Tench, Arapaima, Mekong Catfish, Sawai Catfish, Marbled Tiger Catfish, Amazon Redtail Catfish, Thai Redtail Catfish, Batrachian Walking Catfish, Siamese Carp, Rohu, Julliens Golden Prize Carp, Giant Gourami, Java Barb, Red Tailed Tin Foil Barb, Nile Tilapia, Black Pacu, Red Bellied Pacu, Alligator Gar
Species Caught 2011
Zander, Tench, Bream, Chub, Barbel, Roach, Rudd, Grayling, Brown Trout, Salmon Parr, Minnow, Pike, Eel, Common Carp, Mirror Carp, Ghost Carp, Koi Carp, Crucian Carp, F1 Carp, Blue Orfe, Ide, Goldfish, Brown Goldfish, Comet Goldfish, Golden Tench, Golden Rudd, Perch, Gudgeon, Ruff, Bleak, Dace, Sergeant Major, French Grunt, Yellow Tail Snapper, Tom Tate Grunt, Clown Wrasse, Slippery Dick Wrasse, Doctor Fish, Graysby, Dusky Squirrel Fish, Longspine Squirrel Fish, Stripped Croaker, Leather Jack, Emerald Parrot Fish, Red Tail Parrot Fish, White Grunt, Bone Fish
Species Caught 2010
Zander, Pike, Perch, Eel, Tench, Bream, Roach, Rudd, Mirror Carp, Common Carp, Crucian Carp, Siamese Carp, Asian Redtail Catfish, Sawai Catfish, Rohu, Amazon Redtail Catfish, Pacu, Long Tom, Moon Wrasse, Sergeant Major, Green Damsel, Tomtate Grunt, Sea Chub, Yellowtail Surgeon, Black Damsel, Blue Dot Grouper, Checkered Sea Perch, Java Rabbitfish, One Spot Snapper, Snubnose Rudderfish
Species Caught 2009
Barramundi, Spotted Sorubim Catfish, Wallago Leeri Catfish, Wallago Attu Catfish, Amazon Redtail Catfish, Mrigul, Siamese Carp, Java Barb, Tarpon, Wahoo, Barracuda, Skipjack Tuna, Bonito, Yellow Eye Rockfish, Red Snapper, Mangrove Snapper, Black Fin Snapper, Dog Snapper, Yellow Tail Snapper, Marble Grouper, Black Fin Tuna, Spanish Mackerel, Mutton Snapper, Redhind Grouper, Saddle Grouper, Schoolmaster, Coral Trout, Bar Jack, Pike, Zander, Perch, Tench, Bream, Roach, Rudd, Common Carp, Golden Tench, Wels Catfish
Species Caught 2008
Dorado, Wahoo, Barracuda, Bonito, Black Fin Tuna, Long Tom, Sergeant Major, Red Snapper, Black Damsel, Queen Trigga Fish, Red Grouper, Redhind Grouper, Rainbow Wrasse, Grey Trigger Fish, Ehrenbergs Snapper, Malabar Grouper, Lunar Fusiler, Two Tone Wrasse, Starry Dragonet, Convict Surgeonfish, Moonbeam Dwarf Angelfish,Bridled Monocle Bream, Redlined Triggerfish, Cero Mackeral, Rainbow Runner
Species Caught 2007
Arapaima, Alligator Gar, Mekong Catfish, Spotted Sorubim Catfish, Pacu, Siamese Carp, Barracuda, Black Fin Tuna, Queen Trigger Fish, Red Snapper, Yellow Tail Snapper, Honeycomb Grouper, Red Grouper, Schoolmaster, Cubera Snapper, Black Grouper, Albacore, Ballyhoo, Coney, Yellowfin Goatfish, Lattice Spinecheek

I use Facebook quite happily, it's very useful for keeping in touch with family and friends around the world. Especially seeing as half my Irish relatives appear to leaving and going to Australia, Canada, etc. I agree though that there are some people on there who really need to get a life and stop using it 24 hours a day, as Newt said, it's the users that can make it a painful experience, not the site itself.

Ian

"If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving isn't for you"

It is just another web page /forum really...Simple, if you don't like it, don't go on it. :lol: :lol: :rolleyes:
It's a tool, you get out of it what you put into it.

The problem isn't what people don't know, it's what they know that just ain't so.
Vaut mieux ne rien dire et passer pour un con que de parler et prouver que t'en est un!
Mi, ch’fais toudis à m’mote

In trouble already according to the TV news, apparently the chaps in charge never let on about the forseeable outcome of shares. Looks like a multi million dollar law suit ahead.

Yet again dare i say it, sod it yes i will.

CORRUPTION at the highest level.

"La conclusión es que los insultos sólo perjudican cuando vienen de alguien que respeto". e5006689.gif

“Vescere bracis meis”

it probably didnt help i was the one taking the pics through her bedroom window.... only joking about that btw :D

Good one. :)

I too find it useful to stay in touch/find certain folks I want to stay in contact with. I don't however find much value in idle chit-chat regarding what was eaten for breakfast, my fav TV program, etc.

Wait! isn't that what we do here in Non-Fishing Chat? :P

Be good and you will be lonely.
~ Mark Twain

Facebook has opened up the possibility of having contacts with old good friends. I often use it to communicate with the dearest friends of my past and so with the present, to get updates of what's everyone been up to. Basically it's great to keep in touch.