Oi! That's OUR MP!

Leon Roskilly

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

slodger:

I'll have a pint of that too Paul.... :-)

Nescafe Instant.

I recommend it.

"What did you expect to see out of a Torquay hotel bedroom window? Sydney Opera House perhaps? The Hanging Gardens of Babylon? Herds of wildebeest sweeping majestically...?"

Basil Fawlty to the old bat, guest from hell, Mrs Richards.

Have you ever tasted Fair Trade Instant? :(:(

The ground Coffee is pretty good though

Tony

After a certain age, if you don't wake up aching in every joint, you are probably dead.

Dear Chaps,

So, when the labour party ships in bus loads of "helpers" to aid one of their "own" fighting a marginal seat then that’s ok then? OK also if Tories do the same or Lib Dems? But if the CA does the same to help their chosen Tory/ Lib Dem candidate its all about foxes then is it? What tosh. This is nothing more than a CA publicity stunt aimed "solely" at drawing attention towards marginal labour seats and another bigger hidden agenda. Martin’s seat has been hand picked because of his "known" personality in the hunting,shooting,fishing world. “Fishing” being a particular key word.

Frankly, I'm a bit concerned that political angling has been sucked into this propaganda fiasco and I would have liked to see the likes of David and Terry keep well out of such things. Angling must face the possibility of having to deal with many governments of different political persuasions not merely a labour one. We "should" be keeping a neutral stance in the domestic political arena and certainly NOT getting ourselves embroiled in dodgy dealings. This is a very bad move guys.

Labour will almost certainly loose a great many of its marginal seats at the next election AND their overwhelming majority in the house will be diminished. Now is not the time for political angling to be seen as a labour party appendage because if it goes down that party political supportive route, rank and file angling will destroy it! DON’T under any circumstances play this game. But I fear it’s too late already given the tone of the press release.

I despair I really do. At every twist and turn the CA lays traps for our angling politicos and they get caught so easily. The CA is extremely effective when it comes to the domestic political arena because they have their “own” people sitting in the House of Lords and House of Commons. The people behind their battle plans are the ones ready to step into power when a labour government get beaten. Once again we are being willingly used as pawns in a bigger battle waiting to be played out.

Ask yourselves, why Martin Salter? And for what purpose?

The CA makes a strategic move and we go galloping in like blind donkeys. Again.

Brilliant.

Despairingly,

Lee.

Get over it. Its politics. Come the day with or without the CA's involvement, they'll all be knocking on doors, telling porkies, kissing babies, hugging old ladies, dishing out sycophantic smiles whilst trying not to look bored. They all do it. The good folks of the constituency will make up their minds about who to vote for, irrespective of the fact that their decision will probably be based on promises that none of the candidates will keep. Meanwhile Peter wanders through the various forums endlessly protesting about the CA like a nun who's just been goosed. Where was Martin Salter when the Lakes livebait ban was imposed ? If labour get back in, then there wont be anything left of our inshore fishing either, within a very short time. I'm also learning the Rommany language and making a stock of wooden clothes pegs...well you never know when you're going to need them. Martin Salter isnt our MP as you put on P&P He's someone elses MP and those people will make up their minds as to whether he's truly represented them and proved to be an asset, without any outside help.

One last thing Mr Waller. I am unable to find any reference to this direct challenge to Martin Salter anywhere on the net or on any of the usual suspect's websites. At this point only Martin Salter appears to be saying anything, so I wonder who may have actually scored an own goal, apart from you that is Peter. Couldnt help but notice that you dashed breathless over to Pike and Predators and stirred up the CA pot yet again. Funny, because I distinctly remember that you were always distainful of that site because of all of the ...now what was it....ah yes muckraking.

'I've got a mind like a steel wassitsname'

I've got to say it sounds like a bit of spin by Martin Salter. All the unnamed CA spokesman said was that he wouldn't be surprised if members got involved. The stronger statements are by hunt people, not the CA. I don't know enough about the CA to comment on the overall issue, but I don't think we should base too much on Martin's press release.

john clarke

Funny how some of the Tory faithful are less than pleased with this errr, reversal of spin should we call it?!! Think that that is making me laugh more than anything. I'm sorry fellas, yes, I am gloating, gleefully :D !! Tis a cracker!!

Something about being able to give as well as receive might apply here!

Oh, and Gerry, I have been a tad more active on P & P of late, even before this shock, horror, CA'gate revelation thingy.

Oh dear, the indignation of some folk. Sorry Gerry, I can't help but laugh. The CA has been shot in the foot, self inflicted or not. Grin and bare it mate! I don't doubt you'll have your day.

This forthcoming election is going to be a cracker of grubiness. Still, the Tories are past masters of the art!!! May the best man win.

What goes around comes around!!

Reversal of what spin ? So far we've yet to see anything from the CA which suggests that this story isnt anything but myth. Which leaves you somewhat clutching at our usual straws.

Go on tell us again how you met Charlie Jardine, we love stories. But of course, the penny's dropped... 'Charlie' Thats the name that links all of your paranoias. Far too Freudian for me. Think I'll just leave it there.

'I've got a mind like a steel wassitsname'

"We "should" be keeping a neutral stance in the domestic political arena and certainly NOT getting ourselves embroiled in dodgy dealings"

Quite right Lee, but look at the quotes carefully and you will see no reference to "party" or "politics" simply support for a friend of angling in his hour of need. Surely that is what you do for friends, even when you don't agree with them or their views?

Unlike Peter I do not support New Labour, too right wing for me, but I would want to see Martin back after May. He gets doors opened for us and makes what has been acheived recently possible. I do not see anyone like him in the other two main parties and that is bad for angling.

Mike

Join the SAA today for only £10.00 and help defend angling.