Oi! That's OUR MP!

Leon Roskilly

Mike, for the record, I don't so much vote Labour in, but vote Tory out. I don't have good memories of a Thatcherite Britain. Wasn't so keen on a Wilson one either! But it strikes me that New Labour make better Conservatives than the Tories do ! I don't expect, for one minute, that Leon posted this thread as a political gesture. But I do sincerely belive that Britain is a more equitable country under Labour.

Mike's statement says it all. All credit to him for taking the politics out of it and putting angling first.

Gerry, mirrors my friend, mirrors!

[ 11. March 2005, 09:17 AM: Message edited by: Peter Waller ]

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Peter Waller:

The CA have shown, with singular clarity, just where Angling, and democracy, stands. The Countryside Alliance is an affront to Angling in my honest opinion, and this episode shows just why. They should be ashamed of themselves.

I will read the various apologies that many posters on here owe you with interest.

As they say in London 'Big respec'!'

This is a signature, there are many signatures like it but this one is mine

Heaven forbid we should examine this Release (dated 10th March),containing up to the minute, breaking news, too closely.

Where did it come from ?

The alleged statement by the Countryside Alliance "spokesman" was made in January

The alleged comment from a Hunt Supporter, was made on Boxing Day last year .

The Countryside Alliance stated sometime last year, that it would ask its Members to support Members of Parliament that voted against the ban on hunting with hounds.

Also,those Parliamentary candidates standing against M o P's, that voted for the ban (in the next Election).

Now that standpoint is hardly surprising.

I don't think that Mr Salter is being singled out.

I do hope those with a Political Agenda (whatever it may be), are not going to hijack Anglers Net Forums in the lead up to the General Election.

If that is their intention, perhaps they could ask Elton for a separate section.

"I gotta go where its warm, I gotta fly to saint somewhere "

I do hope those with a Political Agenda (whatever it may be), are not going to hijack Anglers Net Forums in the lead up to the General Election.

Bad news Cranfield, they already have.

'I've got a mind like a steel wassitsname'

All is politics...

Have the CA denied making that statement?

Is it their intent?

My own feelings about the CA are well known.

As for martin Salter, I'd say he has done a fair job on behalf of angling, but he represents one constituency and it's up to him to justify his existence to his constituents.

I don't give a damn about other MP's apart from my own and Martin Salter - who has done a pretty reasonable job for anglers. Far more so than my own MP.

Peter 'I don't have good memories of a Thatcherite Britain. Wasn't so keen on a Wilson one either! But it strikes me that New Labour make better Conservatives than the Tories do'

I'm not a Tory, but here we disagree - for 'Thatcher' read 'Blair without the competence or basic honesty under pressure'. I am worse off financially with nothing to show for the pain.

[ 11. March 2005, 03:06 PM: Message edited by: Alan Stubbs ]

This is a signature, there are many signatures like it but this one is mine

I do seem to remember when the CA first flopped out the belly of the BFSS that one of it's aims was to depose Labour MP's (perhaps some who do support them should really look at what they want from being an MP, and do they represent their constituents) No names but she's Irish and represents people in London, and just where does she now stand re her alleged support for angling?

Just where does this latest act of lunacy leave the CA's 'Campaign for Angling'? As Mike rightly suggests, Martin is our 'key' to the decision makers.

Mike, If we don't like the policies of any party/organisation there is nothing, as an individual, that can be done from 'outside'

If it had not been for the many like minded people who did get involved in the LP in the late 80's, we would now have a 'Militant' opposition party.

[ 11. March 2005, 03:29 PM: Message edited by: wearyone ]

Tight Lines,

Wearyone

The announcements were made to the Reading Evening Post in December and January.

There was also some stuff on the Daily Politics show on Wednesday 23rd February from a CA front organisation called VOTE-OK.

The details are below.

Reading Evening Post, Wednesday December 29th 2004

Front Page Column – ‘Hunt vow to target Salter’. Full story on page 3. (Reporter Aisha Iqbal)

Reading Evening Post, Wednesday January 12th 2005

Page 10 ‘Alliance could use ballot box to try and oust MP’ Hunt may back Tory in election (Reporter Tim Hobden)

Evening Post Telephone Number: 0118 918 3000

Also a search of The Independent site using 'Martin Salter' brings up this:

http://www.independent.co.uk/search/search...alter&submit=Go

"Revealed: pro-hunt campaign of hate

25 September 2004

Militant pro-hunt groups are targeting Labour MPs and government ministers in a growing campaign of abuse, threats and intimidation over the decision to ban hunting."

(You need to pay to read the article :( )

Tight Lines - leon

[ 11. March 2005, 01:39 PM: Message edited by: Leon Roskilly ]

RNLI Shoreline Member

Member of the Angling Trust

Guest sslatter

Funny to see barbie turning her coat..

..and as for the "Brixton One"..

BWAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHAHAHAHAHA!! :D:D:D

Oh, how they squirm..

[ 11. March 2005, 02:31 PM: Message edited by: Graham. X ]