Leon Roskilly

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

'welcome to Anglers Net'

Yeh right....

which way's the shallow end Peter? :-)

Only joking, I take it that's allowed on here??

Thanks Peter, it's much appreciated. :-) (Can't find the smileys??)

Regards Chris

Slodger (Chris Hammond.)

'We should be fishin'

If you click on the "full reply form' button at the bottom or the "post reply" at the top of each thread you will see smilies. The "add reply" is designed for quick replies and doesn't present them unless you also click the 'instant graemlins' link to the left of the Add Reply button.

Joking is not only allowed, it is encouraged as long as it isn't the hurtful sort of zinger aimed at another poster or group of posters.

" My choices in life were either to be a piano player in a whore house or a politician. And to tell the truth, there's hardly any difference!" - Harry Truman, 33rd US President

so Martin Salter will be targetted at the next election, oh boo hoo. i for onr would be more than happy to see the back of him.

i have had cause to contact Mr Salter on a couple of occassions. to this day i am still waiting for an acknowledgement or standard reply, in fact any reply at all.

i know a few have said that he has been the key for angling to meet people at the top, well excuse my obviously considerable ignorance, but is that not what he should be doing as the government representative of angling?

and another point, one which was alluded to earlier. what if Mr Salter was offered a job at a higher government level? would he stay and help angling, would he hell. the SAA et al, should deal with whoever is appointed to those positions, but they should certainly not be jumping into bed with them, because as sure as death and taxes, politicians will change.

the CA have not scored an own goal. they always stated that they would target marginal labour MP's, that they chose to target, someone that porports to represent angling is neither here nor there, its the bigger picture, and i for one couldnt care a less if that means the end of Martin Salter.

Mark Barrett

buy the PAC30 book at www.pacshop.co.uk

Hmmmm!

I must say that I've never had a problem getting through to talk to Martin Salter, and he's always returned calls when I've left a message on his voicemail, and replied to emails promptly.

He's also a keen coarse angler (though I hope to arrange to introduce him to the delights of fishing for sea bass this coming summer, whatever the election results).

Tight Lines - leon

RNLI Shoreline Member

Member of the Angling Trust

Leon Roskilly:

Hmmmm!

I must say that I've never had a problem getting through to talk to Martin Salter, and he's always returned calls when I've left a message on his voicemail, and replied to emails promptly.

He's also a keen coarse angler (though I hope to arrange to introduce him to the delights of fishing for sea bass this coming summer, whatever the election results).

Tight Lines - leon

My experience in my very limited dealings with the man too, though he is having to wait for me to break my present deep-deep angling cover, and take up his offer of lunch at the House of Commons. Might take up an offer of a High Street Indian sometime, though, Martin!

[ 12. March 2005, 10:47 AM: Message edited by: Paul Boote ]

"What did you expect to see out of a Torquay hotel bedroom window? Sydney Opera House perhaps? The Hanging Gardens of Babylon? Herds of wildebeest sweeping majestically...?"

Basil Fawlty to the old bat, guest from hell, Mrs Richards.

So you know Martin do you Mark? I don't, but for an MP he seems remarkably genuine to me.

So the CA are going to oppose marginal labour MP's then. Thanks Mark, that proves a point. May I suggest that all Labour supporters resign from the CA forthwith. The agenda is now clear .

Like you, Mark, I didn't get a reply to my e-mail re the Collins debacle but that might be because he couldn't become involved.

This has got a bit like fox hunting with dogs! Folk trying to defend the indefensible, but without the inedible bit!

And to say that targetting a good friend of angling, just because he is a marginal Labour MP, doesn't matter, is ludicrous Mark, it really is. We need friends in Parliament, irrespective of their party loyalties. For the CA, alegedly supporters of angling, to target him is sheer folly.

[ 12. March 2005, 10:55 AM: Message edited by: Peter Waller ]