Is this the most ridiculous rod set up you have ever seen?

Guest Chris Perch

Well it's very silly but nobody is using it.

For ridiculous, I'd be hard pushed to beat the idiot that I passed fishing the Stack Pool in Kidderminster yesterday.

Three rods on a pod, not on the landing stage but spread right across the footpath and cycleway used by families with pets, disabled buggies, cyclists and walkers and which forms the footpath linking an entire estate to a kids play area.

I had words.

I suggested moving the pod forward so the path would be clear.

"I can't" was the reply.

An utterly selfish pig ignorant tit of a man.

Species caught in 2020: Barbel. European Eel. Bleak. Perch. Pike.

Species caught in 2019: Pike. Bream. Tench. Chub. Common Carp. European Eel. Barbel. Bleak. Dace.

Species caught in 2018: Perch. Bream. Rainbow Trout. Brown Trout. Chub. Roach. Carp. European Eel.

Species caught in 2017: Siamese carp. Striped catfish. Rohu. Mekong catfish. Amazon red tail catfish. Arapaima. Black Minnow Shark. Perch. Chub. Brown Trout. Pike. Bream. Roach. Rudd. Bleak. Common Carp.

Species caught in 2016: Siamese carp. Jullien's golden carp. Striped catfish. Mekong catfish. Amazon red tail catfish. Arapaima. Alligator gar. Rohu. Black Minnow Shark. Roach, Bream, Perch, Ballan Wrasse. Rudd. Common Carp. Pike. Zander. Chub. Bleak.

Species caught in 2015: Brown Trout. Roach. Bream. Terrapin. Eel. Barbel. Pike. Chub.

Well it's very silly but nobody is using it.

For ridiculous, I'd be hard pushed to beat the idiot that I passed fishing the Stack Pool in Kidderminster yesterday.

Three rods on a pod, not on the landing stage but spread right across the footpath and cycleway used by families with pets, disabled buggies, cyclists and walkers and which forms the footpath linking an entire estate to a kids play area.

I had words.

I suggested moving the pod forward so the path would be clear.

"I can't" was the reply.

An utterly selfish pig ignorant tit of a man.

Ken you should have hung around with selfish gits like that it`s only a matter of time before there cousin fasticus mountainous bikeicus getoutathewayicus arrives and the fun begins...seen a few of these episodes on the tow path and a great spectator sport they make only you don`t realy want there to be a winner....in the ideal world they would drown each other.

We are not putting it back it is a lump now put that curry down and go and get the scales

have I told you abouit the cruise control on my Volvo ,,,,,,,bla bla bla Barder rod has it come yet?? and don`t even start me on Chris Lythe :bleh::icecream:

Ken you should have hung around with selfish gits like that it`s only a matter of time before there cousin fasticus mountainous bikeicus getoutathewayicus arrives and the fun begins...seen a few of these episodes on the tow path and a great spectator sport they make only you don`t realy want there to be a winner....in the ideal world they would drown each other.

I was that mountain biker. I didn't trash the rods but as said, I had a few words.

coming back, with shopping hanging from the handlebar, the same tit was still there. I didn't even bother slowing down as i whizzed through the six in gap that the selfish bar steward had left and honestly expected to hear a series of crunches and shouts in my wake - but somehow I missed.

I've had plenty of close calls with poles as idiots ship them back without looking onto a national cycleway but haven't trashed anyone's gear yet. I did once hit someone who thought it would be clever to jump in front of an 18 stone bloke doing 25 mph on the towpath though - I went back the next day and paced out the distance that he travelled before he hit the ground. It was seven meters !

Species caught in 2020: Barbel. European Eel. Bleak. Perch. Pike.

Species caught in 2019: Pike. Bream. Tench. Chub. Common Carp. European Eel. Barbel. Bleak. Dace.

Species caught in 2018: Perch. Bream. Rainbow Trout. Brown Trout. Chub. Roach. Carp. European Eel.

Species caught in 2017: Siamese carp. Striped catfish. Rohu. Mekong catfish. Amazon red tail catfish. Arapaima. Black Minnow Shark. Perch. Chub. Brown Trout. Pike. Bream. Roach. Rudd. Bleak. Common Carp.

Species caught in 2016: Siamese carp. Jullien's golden carp. Striped catfish. Mekong catfish. Amazon red tail catfish. Arapaima. Alligator gar. Rohu. Black Minnow Shark. Roach, Bream, Perch, Ballan Wrasse. Rudd. Common Carp. Pike. Zander. Chub. Bleak.

Species caught in 2015: Brown Trout. Roach. Bream. Terrapin. Eel. Barbel. Pike. Chub.