Fishing in the Mildenhall area.

Cranfield

The Lark has several clubs along it's length, from Mildenhall to it's entry into the Ouse between Ely and Littleport, it is leased by:

Mildenhall

Lark Preservation

Isleham AC

Soham AC

Cambridge Fish Preservation

Might have missed a couple, but those are the important ones.

Forget it for Zander, they're virtually non existent in there apart from the last mile or so. It does have fantastic Chub, Bream, Carp, Rudd, Pike, Perch and Eel stocks, and used to produce some thumping roach. The roach are less prevalent now. (A direct result of the increase of the carp population in my opinion.)

Within a short journey of Mildenhall you will also find the Great Ouse, the Roswell Pit complex (Former Zander record venue.) and a whole plethero of fenland drains.

If I were asked to suggest one top notch ticket for waters reasonably close to the town, it would be, without question, the Cambridge Fish Preservation club ticket. You could tackle big specimens of virtually all species with this ticket alone. If Chub are your bag though, I'd reccomend the Mildenhall town stretches of the Lark, which are run by the local club.

If your american friends would like any detailed information on the waters local to Mildenhall, they're welcome to mail me privately.

Slodger (Chris Hammond.)

'We should be fishin'

• 2 years later...