Enterprise Fake Hemp

Rob Ward

Has anyone tried this stuff, it's supposed to be hair riggable - it's hard as bullets and there's no chance you're getting through it with a baiting needle!

I've got a nut drill somewhere but I reckon that's going to be too wide a gauge and I'll need more bullets to counterbalance my hook.

You can colour me unimpressed so far. In fact, they should rebrand it as Swan safe bird shot!

Edited by Rob Ward

The only time I have used fake hemp was when I was after roach on a backwater of the ouse near Cambridge.

It seemed the best bait by far there was Hemp as it caught us more fish than Casters or Maggots; as soon as you fed some hemp followed by your hooklength you would catch a roach on the drop, to minimise the time needed to rebait each time we used a fake hemp on the hook and it worked every time. we had to use Style weights to minimise the false takes on these. Why it worked better than casters or maggots I don't know; I suspect it was because the fish were wised up to them.

Edited by BoldBear

Happiness is Fish shaped (it used to be woman shaped but the wife is getting on a bit now)

Guest tigger
Has anyone tried this stuff, it's supposed to be hair riggable - it's hard as bullets and there's no chance you're getting through it with a baiting needle!

I've got a nut drill somewhere but I reckon that's going to be too wide a gauge and I'll need more bullets to counterbalance my hook.

You can colour me unimpressed so far. In fact, they should rebrand it as Swan safe bird shot!

I'm not into fake bait myself but maybe you could super glue the fake hemp to your hook?

Hi Rob,

I've used the enterprise sinking hemp as per the hyperlink above.

Its magic stuff and have done well with it this year. Years ago I used to bait heavily with hemp but would struggle to get bites. Using this stuff over the top hair rigged with a bit of pop up corn to counteract weight of hook has worked well.

It is tricky to hair rig but I use fine mono and a small sewing needle. I use a small black bead as the hair stop.

I'm not sure how well it will work direct on hook.

Regards,

Martin

Hi Rob,

I've used the enterprise sinking hemp as per the hyperlink above.

Its magic stuff and have done well with it this year. Years ago I used to bait heavily with hemp but would struggle to get bites. Using this stuff over the top hair rigged with a bit of pop up corn to counteract weight of hook has worked well.

It is tricky to hair rig but I use fine mono and a small sewing needle. I use a small black bead as the hair stop.

I'm not sure how well it will work direct on hook.

both pop up and sinking works fine for me,either hair or hook through the softer white bit on both still waters and rivers.

I haven't tried this - what are people catching on it?

I bet the sinking stuff is superb for roach fishing - no more constant rebaiting. I imagine the floating stuff is good hair rigged for tench, if enough real hemp is used in groundbait.

I might well give that a go next year for tench... there's no way an eel would eat that!

And those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music

I bet the sinking stuff is superb for roach fishing - no more constant rebaiting. I imagine the floating stuff is good hair rigged for tench, if enough real hemp is used in groundbait.

I`ve caught Dace,Chub all day on maggot/caster without seeing a Roach,stick one of these on and the Roach appear from no where,pretty amazing really and shows the fish are there but you need the right bait.