how can i escape the skimmers ?

mike1234

OI OI,

Dog stick are you a member of any fishing clubs up here & if so what, Which commercials do you fish?

BILL.........nemo mortalium omnibus horis sapit,

ENGLAND & ST GEORGE, C,MON

BRUMMIE IN EXSILE..........yo aint sin me roite

OI OI,

Dog stick are you a member of any fishing clubs up here & if so what, Which commercials do you fish?

Oi oi Bill

I`m in RADAC (stargate) NAF for the Tyne,The TAA,Fish the free sections of the Wear at Durham in winter,would like to try the Tees (yarm?,barrage??)sometime.I fished Woodlands,Aldin grange and Sessay (all once just not my scene man),I`ve read half the rules for AON and give up there n then.

where you based Bill

I had a tench session on Tuesday evening. I took red maggots and worms for hookbait. Even bulking the shot low down, more than half the time I couldn't get the bait to the bottom, the rudd were like piranhas and the float was lying flat or waving around half out of the water. Even caught a couple of them, pretty good going for a hand sized rudd to get a size 8 sized bunch of maggots or worms into its gob. Greedy little buggers. Pretty fish, they've never been a problem on that pit before now and I'd love to catch them with another pound or two on them, but they're not tench.

I did hit a couple of tench in the end. Lost the big one, landed the pounder :rolleyes: Should really have switched to fishing a feeder, but I like floatfishing for tench.

Oi oi Bill

I`m in RADAC (stargate) NAF for the Tyne,The TAA,Fish the free sections of the Wear at Durham in winter,would like to try the Tees (yarm?,barrage??)sometime.I fished Woodlands,Aldin grange and Sessay (all once just not my scene man),I`ve read half the rules for AON and give up there n then.

where you based Bill

OI OI,

Im base'd in a place called west montagu it's right on the edge of the A1 by the turning for newcastle airport so im pretty lucky i can almost please myself where i fish but im a member of W.A.C.A.C. also T.A.A. im going back to B.W.A.C. i have fished sessa lakes & woodlands, but A.O.N. aint to bad she's not bad it's common sense really no one bothers you but the have C.C.TV. everywhere but like i say she's not as black as people paint her. might catch up with you somewhere on the bank tight lines. BILL.

BILL.........nemo mortalium omnibus horis sapit,

ENGLAND & ST GEORGE, C,MON

BRUMMIE IN EXSILE..........yo aint sin me roite

a local lake 5 mins from my house as a good variety of species carp,roach,perch,tench,crucians etc

but its very rare to catch anything except a palm sized skimmer once i start to feed a swim straight away there is 100s of them on the bait,

can anyone offer any advice ?

Wasn't that one of the main reasons for the development of the boilie? Try hair rigging one of the larger ones on a size 6 or 8 and it would be a miracle if a skimmer managed to engulf it.

English as tuppence, changing yet changeless as canal water, nestling in green nowhere, armoured and effete, bold flag-bearer, lotus-fed Miss Havishambling, opsimath and eremite, feudal, still reactionary, Rawlinson End.