New Pond Filters

wotnobivvy

My current pond filter box is a Hozelock Bioforce 9000UVC and was installed when I had the pond dug. It is no longer made, and I am not all that happy with it as the UV bulb holder has aged and the bulb not only blows, but is slowly destroying the bulb holder as it gets removed. The sponge filters also seem past their prime, and now the clean filter indicator leaks. Rather than spend money patching it up like an old car I feel that after 6 years it it time to invest in a new one. Can some of you more experienced pond keepers point me in the right direction. By the way the pump was replaced last year, so I just want a filter box where it is easy to clean the filters, and changing the UV bulb is not such a pain in the derriere

The two best times to go fishing are when it's raining and when it's not

wotnob,

I've wondered about this crazy idea. I'll bounce it off of you. A lot of "boot sales" (that's not what we call them but I think it defines the source) have the filteration system for the 12 ft round 4 ft deep swimming pools. The metal sides burst or the plastic liners break and the filteration system can be had for a "song".

Maybe?

Phone

Personally, I would make one, because I reckon the ones you can buy are well overpriced. All you need is a big robust plastic tank and some fittings. And I would buy a standalone UV unit.

Buy an Oase Bitron filtration unit. You get a built in UV light and they are brilliant.

Had mine for 4 years without a problem and you can always get the sponges.

Only had to replace my UV light once and it is on 24 hours from April to October.

Also, many garden centre outlets sell blocks of sponge which you can fashion into the shape of your existing sponges.

I will photograph it and upload so you can see what it is. Mine cost £ 348.00 from Downtown @ Grantham.