hello piscators

stargazer

:clap2: hello to all just a few lines to say hello and tell a bit about me well been fishing over 40 years ( feel bloody old now) started off with splicane ans a starback reel then family moved to the coast so started sea fishing as well got into carp fishing lost interest in that fishing is ment to be fun not just a quest for bigger fish i mean fish with names get real.

now i wander along the river bank or lake side with one cane rod out of the few i have along with a old reel great stuff fishing is fun again.

i do like to restore old rod to there former glory hours of work but great fun to use i dont collect old tackle to look at it is ment to be used .

i do like to make some bits of tackle to use you know cane rod rests, cane bank sticks, cane landing net handles my latest job is a cane landing net for carp ,barbel ,tench you get the idea

my other half says i am old fashioned thats ok with me .

i do like to read a bit some of my favorite authors are H T Sheringham,BB or Denys Watkins Pitchford, Richard Walker and Chris Yates to name a very few out of the modern authors Kevin ________s,Tim Paisley,Terry Hearn or Julian Cundiff

fishing is fun if you want it to be or bloody hard work its up to you

kindest regards

Terry

Terry,

Welcome, from a newboy. I love you attitude

Its all about the pleasure of fishing, not just getting bigger fish.

Where are you from?/ where do you fish?

that is what fishing is all about,just being out on the bank of the river not just catching a load of fish..

if we caught fish evry time we went out on the river fishing would get boring..

welcome terry,dont hesitate to chat in the different forums..

tight lines

sean

"two men were standing on the bank of the river and one says to the other"how can i catch a fish?? and the other replied "you keep your bait in the water!!!"