Another kick in the wheel'nuts for motorists

Andy_1984

cars are getting so fuel efficient(less co2) our beloved gov want to bleed more money from you because they are loosing on road tax.

as if keeping car, even a greener one, on the road wasnt hard enough.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-18277311

Owner of Tacklesack.co.uk

Moderator at The-Pikers-Pit.co.uk

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I saw this too, Andy. Almost makes you weep with frustration doesn't it.

As I understand it, the shift to cleaner car engine technology is because of environmental concerns; finding ways of making folks pay more for using them hardly sends out the right message. F*****g bonkers.

"The most beautiful thing we can experience is the mysterious. It is the source of all true art and all science. He to whom this emotion is a stranger, who can no longer pause to wonder and stand rapt in awe, is as good as dead: his eyes are closed."

why would the government care they either have chauffeur driven gas guzzlers or just claim any petrol money in expenses ,its us and them and them dont care a fig about us until our votes needed

when raising money is concerned there's very few times a reason is needed to hike prices its excuses to hike prices ;)

now everyone's het up about a as yet non existent hike i wonder what's really being put into law hiding behind it?

Edited by chesters1

Believe NOTHING anyones says or writes unless you witness it yourself and even then your eyes can deceive you

None of this "the enemy of my enemy is my friend" crap it just means i have at least two enemies!

There is only one opinion i listen to ,its mine and its ALWAYS right even when its wrong

Its far easier to curse the darkness than light one candle

Mathew 4:19

Grangers law : anything i say will  turn out the opposite or not happen at all!

Life insurance? you wont enjoy a penny!

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical." Thomas Jefferson

Same old lies we've had from all flavours of government, we're bleeding you to save the planet...

It says that they are considering replacing annual road tax (VED) with a one-off charge for the first buyer. I can sort of see the logic in that, in the sense that it is the first buyer who commissions the creation of the car, and after that somebody will have to own it until it is scrapped - and scrapping it before it needs to be because it costs too much to tax is hardly green. It would also push the VED burden onto new car buyers who one assumes are better off than people running older cars, although presumably there would be some trickle down effect on used car prices.

On the other hand, it would be a kick in the teeth for the car manufacturing and sales industry during a recession, an industry which employs an awful lot of UK workers.

I don't see the point in VED at all. It is supposed to be based on CO2 emissions, but it takes no account of how far you drive the car. My Lotus does 30mpg, costs £270 a year to tax and does about 5000 miles a year. A VW Passat BlueMotion company car costing £120 a year to tax may well do twice as many miles to the gallon as mine, but it probably does four or six times the mileage! There is no need for an annual document check now that MOT and insurance details are available to the police electronically. It would make much more sense just to scrap it altogether and add it to fuel duty.

Remember those massive tax cuts for the very wealthy somebody has to pay for it and now they need to raise more money for the pot good aint it who is looking after who . :rolleyes:

paul.

Ahh, it was the labour admin who introduced a sliding scale for car tax based on engine size. Making the gas guzzlers pay hundreds of pounds, including doubling plus of the familey mondeo for example.

Free to choose apart from the ones where the trust poked their nose in. Common eel. tope. Bass and sea bream. All restricted.

New for 2016 TAT are the main instigators for the demise of the u k bass charter boat industry, where they went screaming off to parliament and for the first time assisting so called angling gurus set up bass take bans with the e u using rubbish exaggerated info collected by ices from anglers, they must be very proud.

Upgrade, the door has been closed with regards to anglers being linked to the e u superstate and the failed c f p. So TAT will no longer need to pay monies to the EAA anymore as that org is no longer relevant to the u k . Goodbye to the europeon anglers alliance and pathetic restrictions from the e u.

Angling is better than politics, ban politics from angling.

Consumer of bass. where is the evidence that the u k bass stock need angling trust protection. Why won't you work with your peers instead of castigating them. They have the answer.

Recipie's for mullet stew more than welcomed.

Angling sanitation trust and kent and sussex sea anglers org delete's and blocks rsa's alternative opinion on their face book site. Although they claim to rep all.

new for 2014. where is the evidence that the south coast bream stock need the angling trust? Your campaign has no evidence. Why won't you work with your peers, the inshore under tens? As opposed to alienating them? Angling trust failed big time re bait digging, even fish legal attempted to intervene and failed, all for what, nothing.

Looks like the sea angling reps have been coerced by the ifca's to compose sea angling strategy's that the ifca's at some stage will look at drafting into legislation to manage the rsa, because they like wasting tax payers money. That's without asking the rsa btw. You know who you are..

Ahh, it was the labour admin who introduced a sliding scale for car tax based on engine size. Making the gas guzzlers pay hundreds of pounds, including doubling plus of the familey mondeo for example.

20% vat now you are talking lets kick them where it really hurts :)

Edited by big_cod

http://sea-otter2.co.uk/

Probably Whitby's most consistent charterboat

Untitled-1.jpg

Lets screw the people once again.

"La conclusión es que los insultos sólo perjudican cuando vienen de alguien que respeto". e5006689.gif

“Vescere bracis meis”

Remember those massive tax cuts for the very wealthy somebody has to pay for it and now they need to raise more money for the pot good aint it who is looking after who . :rolleyes:

That tax change should more than cover itself in increased revenue - it did when Thatcher did the same thing. That tax was never intended to raise money, it was just Brown playing silly political games.

20% vat now you are talking lets kick them where it really hurts :)

Bit late for that. :rolleyes:

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/politics/7...money-left.html

Free to choose apart from the ones where the trust poked their nose in. Common eel. tope. Bass and sea bream. All restricted.

New for 2016 TAT are the main instigators for the demise of the u k bass charter boat industry, where they went screaming off to parliament and for the first time assisting so called angling gurus set up bass take bans with the e u using rubbish exaggerated info collected by ices from anglers, they must be very proud.

Upgrade, the door has been closed with regards to anglers being linked to the e u superstate and the failed c f p. So TAT will no longer need to pay monies to the EAA anymore as that org is no longer relevant to the u k . Goodbye to the europeon anglers alliance and pathetic restrictions from the e u.

Angling is better than politics, ban politics from angling.

Consumer of bass. where is the evidence that the u k bass stock need angling trust protection. Why won't you work with your peers instead of castigating them. They have the answer.

Recipie's for mullet stew more than welcomed.

Angling sanitation trust and kent and sussex sea anglers org delete's and blocks rsa's alternative opinion on their face book site. Although they claim to rep all.

new for 2014. where is the evidence that the south coast bream stock need the angling trust? Your campaign has no evidence. Why won't you work with your peers, the inshore under tens? As opposed to alienating them? Angling trust failed big time re bait digging, even fish legal attempted to intervene and failed, all for what, nothing.

Looks like the sea angling reps have been coerced by the ifca's to compose sea angling strategy's that the ifca's at some stage will look at drafting into legislation to manage the rsa, because they like wasting tax payers money. That's without asking the rsa btw. You know who you are..