Brolly

FishyFraser

Can anyone recommend a good brolly. I'm looking for something light but well made and durable. I don't need a shelter type thing, just something that will keep me dry in tight swims.

Cheers, F.

"Life is much too important a thing ever to talk seriously about it."

I saw some good Daiwa brollies on ebay going cheap, but I got myself a great bivvy for around the same price. Now I have the advantage of making a brew undercover, it does everything and more in keeping the weather at bay should there be a sudden downpour, and also is open enough to allow me ease of access to my rods. I really would recommend a two man bivvy instead Fishy.

That's just my opinion.

Argos brollies are pretty good for 15 quid. They're pretty much bombproof and there's plenty of links for adding tethers.

¤«Thʤ«PÔâ©H¤MëíTë®»¤

Click HERE for in-fighting, scrapping, name-calling, objectional and often explicit behaviour and cakes. Mind your tin-hat

Click HERE for Tench Fishing World forums

Playboy.jpg

LandaPikkoSig.jpg

"I envy not him that eats better meat than I do, nor him that is richer, or that wears better clothes than I do. I envy nobody but him, and him only, that catches more fish than I do"

...Izaac Walton...

"It looked a really nice swim betwixt weedbed and bank"

...Vagabond...

Guest Chris Perch

I have a Nu brolly but they are quite a bit heavier than the argos ones (My mate swears by the argos brolly)

I have been looking on e bay for a "Pop a Bivvy" so easy to set up and fairly light too.

Argos brollies are pretty good for 15 quid. They're pretty much bombproof and there's plenty of links for adding tethers.

I got mine from Argos and after 5 years it is still going strong. One thing I did replace was the usual spike for a screw in one.

Jim

Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well-preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways - Chardonnay in one hand - chocolate in the other - body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming "WOO-HOO, what a ride!!"