Olympics

Ken L

I don't have a TV so I may be missing out (Yawn) on the build up to the Olympics but with 90 days to go, there doesn't exactly seem to be a fever building.

Those companies who made successful bids to use the logo have tiny, single colour versions in discrete places.

I saw a single newspaper article announcing the official unveiling of that hideous tower thing.

The main boys Wenlock and Mandeville are conspicuous by their total absence.

Even the watch anything sports fans in the office have barely said a word unless it is about one of the two staff (one a former coach of the British synchronised swimming team) that have been seconded off to work at the games.

Am I missing something or is there a universal lack of interest and a faint whiff of embarrassment about the pending tournament ?

Personally, I'm quite looking forward to a summer of Euro football and the Olympics as I'll have the river to myself.

Edit: Out of interest, has anyone seen hide nor hair of the garish epilepsy inducing animated version of the logo that they came up with ?

Edited by Ken L

Species caught in 2020: Barbel. European Eel. Bleak. Perch. Pike.

Species caught in 2019: Pike. Bream. Tench. Chub. Common Carp. European Eel. Barbel. Bleak. Dace.

Species caught in 2018: Perch. Bream. Rainbow Trout. Brown Trout. Chub. Roach. Carp. European Eel.

Species caught in 2017: Siamese carp. Striped catfish. Rohu. Mekong catfish. Amazon red tail catfish. Arapaima. Black Minnow Shark. Perch. Chub. Brown Trout. Pike. Bream. Roach. Rudd. Bleak. Common Carp.

Species caught in 2016: Siamese carp. Jullien's golden carp. Striped catfish. Mekong catfish. Amazon red tail catfish. Arapaima. Alligator gar. Rohu. Black Minnow Shark. Roach, Bream, Perch, Ballan Wrasse. Rudd. Common Carp. Pike. Zander. Chub. Bleak.

Species caught in 2015: Brown Trout. Roach. Bream. Terrapin. Eel. Barbel. Pike. Chub.

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

i thought it had finished ! ,hmmm i cant wait to see the coldstream guards and a handful of marines not be in step with other and the paralympians (sp?) not being able to get their wheelchairs over innumerable steps just attending.

i' afraid the only people who will get anything out of it is wealthy company board members ,mp's and their stooges who will get lots of freebies ontop of most of the tickets used as bribes to pretend all is well and its not going to be an embarrassment

why on earth did they give the job to some useless smug prat whos total working life was just running in a circle ? "well MR Coe why do you think your qualified to run things ?"

"err i ran in a circle lots"

"hmmm not really a qualifier in my book"

"sometimes i ran the other way"

"hmmm looks better"

"OH i'm a lord as well"

"congratulations your the man for the job "

Edited by chesters1

Believe NOTHING anyones says or writes unless you witness it yourself and even then your eyes can deceive you

None of this "the enemy of my enemy is my friend" crap it just means i have at least two enemies!

There is only one opinion i listen to ,its mine and its ALWAYS right even when its wrong

Its far easier to curse the darkness than light one candle

Mathew 4:19

Grangers law : anything i say will  turn out the opposite or not happen at all!

Life insurance? you wont enjoy a penny!

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical." Thomas Jefferson

I read somewhere that track and field athletes are admitting that their sports are dying a death; they're not exactly riveting viewing, it has to be said.

Can't see the attraction myself; hell, you couldn't even choose which event to watch, even if you are interested.

"The most beautiful thing we can experience is the mysterious. It is the source of all true art and all science. He to whom this emotion is a stranger, who can no longer pause to wonder and stand rapt in awe, is as good as dead: his eyes are closed."

There's lots of conspiracy theory theory type videos on YouTube about the logo which are quite fun but i like my pi55 taking to be simple and this struck a chord.....

I wander if I can get a T shirt ?

post-558-1338822070_thumb.jpg

Edited by Ken L

Species caught in 2019: Pike. Bream. Tench. Chub. Common Carp. European Eel. Barbel. Bleak. Dace.

Species caught in 2018: Perch. Bream. Rainbow Trout. Brown Trout. Chub. Roach. Carp. European Eel.

Species caught in 2017: Siamese carp. Striped catfish. Rohu. Mekong catfish. Amazon red tail catfish. Arapaima. Black Minnow Shark. Perch. Chub. Brown Trout. Pike. Bream. Roach. Rudd. Bleak. Common Carp.

Species caught in 2016: Siamese carp. Jullien's golden carp. Striped catfish. Mekong catfish. Amazon red tail catfish. Arapaima. Alligator gar. Rohu. Black Minnow Shark. Roach, Bream, Perch, Ballan Wrasse. Rudd. Common Carp. Pike. Zander. Chub. Bleak.

Species caught in 2015: Brown Trout. Roach. Bream. Terrapin. Eel. Barbel. Pike. Chub.

One thing at a time, one thing at a time.....

Jubilee: Sick of that.

Euro 2012: Sick of Roy this, Roy that already.

Olympics, i'm glad we are not swamped with hype already. Will look forward to it the day before, thank you.

B)

1509tarpon_75_.gif

Euro 2012 - Boring! A bunch of overpaid prima-donnas. We'll see more dives than in the Olympic swimming contest.

Olympics - Boring! Still looking forward to seeing how many medals have to be handed back because of drug taking.

If I'm in the pub and either of those things are on, I'll be using my Television Terminator :rolleyes::D

If I'm not in the pub, I'll be fishing as much as possible.

John S

Quanti Canicula Ille In Fenestra

Species caught in 2017 Common Ash, Hawthorn, Hazel, Scots Pine, White Willow.

Species caught in 2016: Alder, Blackthorn, Common Ash, Crab Apple, Left Earlobe, Pedunculate Oak, Rock Whitebeam, Scots Pine, Smooth-leaved Elm, Swan, Wayfaring tree.

Species caught in 2015: Ash, Bird Cherry, Black-Headed Gull, Common Hazel, Common Whitebeam, Elder, Field Maple, Gorse, Puma, Sessile Oak, White Willow.

Species caught in 2014: Big Angry Man's Ear, Blackthorn, Common Ash, Common Whitebeam, Downy Birch, European Beech, European Holly, Hawthorn, Hazel, Scots Pine, Wych Elm.
Species caught in 2013: Beech, Elder, Hawthorn, Oak, Right Earlobe, Scots Pine.

Species caught in 2012: Ash, Aspen, Beech, Big Nasty Stinging Nettle, Birch, Copper Beech, Grey Willow, Holly, Hazel, Oak, Wasp Nest (that was a really bad day), White Poplar.
Species caught in 2011: Blackthorn, Crab Apple, Elder, Fir, Hawthorn, Horse Chestnut, Oak, Passing Dog, Rowan, Sycamore, Willow.
Species caught in 2010: Ash, Beech, Birch, Elder, Elm, Gorse, Mullberry, Oak, Poplar, Rowan, Sloe, Willow, Yew.

Oh FFS I'm sick to F....in death of Olympic knockers. :P Ok you might not like sport but at least think of it this way - getting it royally **** off the French and that's GOTTA have been a good thing!!!!! :D

C.

"Study to be quiet." ><((º> My Blog

Oh FFS I\'m sick to F....in death of Olympic knockers.

Really? Here's some very nice Olympic knockers....

AmandaBeard.png

(From Wiki) \"Amanda Ray Beard (born October 29, 1981) is an American swimmer and a seven-time Olympic medalist (two gold, four silver, one bronze). She is a former world record holder in the 200-meter breaststroke (long course).\"

Or maybe these truely Olympian (and totally natural, no implanted) knockers....

http://i11.photobucket.com/albums/a156/JohnS147/Biggest.png[/img]\"]Worlds most Olympian natural knockers://http://i11.photobucket.com/albums/a...atural knockers://http://i11.photobucket.com/albums/a...atural knockers

:P Ok you might not like sport but at least think of it this way - getting it royally **** off the French and that\'s GOTTA have been a good thing!!!!! :D

C.

And the main stadium has only cost 4 times the amount we were told it would.

Gotta be good to p!ss off the French though :D

John S

Quanti Canicula Ille In Fenestra

Species caught in 2017 Common Ash, Hawthorn, Hazel, Scots Pine, White Willow.

Species caught in 2016: Alder, Blackthorn, Common Ash, Crab Apple, Left Earlobe, Pedunculate Oak, Rock Whitebeam, Scots Pine, Smooth-leaved Elm, Swan, Wayfaring tree.

Species caught in 2015: Ash, Bird Cherry, Black-Headed Gull, Common Hazel, Common Whitebeam, Elder, Field Maple, Gorse, Puma, Sessile Oak, White Willow.

Species caught in 2014: Big Angry Man's Ear, Blackthorn, Common Ash, Common Whitebeam, Downy Birch, European Beech, European Holly, Hawthorn, Hazel, Scots Pine, Wych Elm.
Species caught in 2013: Beech, Elder, Hawthorn, Oak, Right Earlobe, Scots Pine.

Species caught in 2012: Ash, Aspen, Beech, Big Nasty Stinging Nettle, Birch, Copper Beech, Grey Willow, Holly, Hazel, Oak, Wasp Nest (that was a really bad day), White Poplar.
Species caught in 2011: Blackthorn, Crab Apple, Elder, Fir, Hawthorn, Horse Chestnut, Oak, Passing Dog, Rowan, Sycamore, Willow.
Species caught in 2010: Ash, Beech, Birch, Elder, Elm, Gorse, Mullberry, Oak, Poplar, Rowan, Sloe, Willow, Yew.

Oh FFS I'm sick to F....in death of Olympic knockers. :P Ok you might not like sport but at least think of it this way - getting it royally **** off the French and that's GOTTA have been a good thing!!!!! :D

C.

Well, at least you've answered the question. It seems that there's enough people failing to get enthused to get you "sick to F....in death of Olympic knockers".

I wonder how the Frenchies feel about the archery competition?