Glad I'm Not in Colorado right now

Newt

Warmish and very dry weather about a month earlier than normal for out there. For perspective, 100ºF = 37.8ºC and 110ºF = 43.3ºC

One of the warmest days in Eastern Colorado history was observed Monday. According to wunderground's weather historian Christopher C. Burt, Denver had a daily record high of 100°F, but Wray, near the Kansas-Nebraska border, reached 109°. This was just short of its all-time record (for any month) of 110°F set in July 1934, and just 5° shy of the all-time state of Colorado record of 114°F set at Las Animas and Sedgwick on July 25, 1952. Lamar in Southeast Colorado hit 108°F yesterday, just 3° short of its all-time record of 111°F set in July 1934. Sterling, the in the far Northeast part of the state, hit 108°F, which may be its all-time heat record. The intense heat yesterday was accompanied by some very dry air. The humidity in Broomfield, CO fell to 4% for more than six hours on Monday. The hot, dry weather made firefighting efforts difficult for the massive wildfire burning 15 miles west of Fort Collins, CO. This fire is the third largest and most destructive fire in Colorado history. Firefighters have achieved 50% containment of the blaze.
" My choices in life were either to be a piano player in a whore house or a politician. And to tell the truth, there's hardly any difference!" - Harry Truman, 33rd US President

Warmish and very dry weather about a month earlier than normal for out there. For perspective, 100ºF = 37.8ºC and 110ºF = 43.3ºC

I could enjoy that. Used to work outside (Main Roads officer) in the East Kimberlies and it would be like that for a few weeks in nov/dec. Had 1 day drilling a salt pan @120 in the shade...No shade where I was, out in the middle of a 2 mile wide pan.

ocker-anim.gifROO.gif

Cheers, Bobj.

I've had a few days of 47% with very low humidity and you actually get sick and tired of drinking all the damn time.

Not much fire risk where I was but that wouldn't be fun at all.

Species caught in 2020: Barbel. European Eel. Bleak. Perch. Pike.

Species caught in 2019: Pike. Bream. Tench. Chub. Common Carp. European Eel. Barbel. Bleak. Dace.

Species caught in 2018: Perch. Bream. Rainbow Trout. Brown Trout. Chub. Roach. Carp. European Eel.

Species caught in 2017: Siamese carp. Striped catfish. Rohu. Mekong catfish. Amazon red tail catfish. Arapaima. Black Minnow Shark. Perch. Chub. Brown Trout. Pike. Bream. Roach. Rudd. Bleak. Common Carp.

Species caught in 2016: Siamese carp. Jullien's golden carp. Striped catfish. Mekong catfish. Amazon red tail catfish. Arapaima. Alligator gar. Rohu. Black Minnow Shark. Roach, Bream, Perch, Ballan Wrasse. Rudd. Common Carp. Pike. Zander. Chub. Bleak.

Species caught in 2015: Brown Trout. Roach. Bream. Terrapin. Eel. Barbel. Pike. Chub.

I personally cannot even begin to comprehend that at all! Anything above around 25 degrees C and I am ****ed!!

Chris Goddard

It is to be observed that 'angling' is the name given to fishing by people who can't fish.

If GOD had NOT meant us to go fishing, WHY did he give us arms then??

(If you can't help out someone in need then don't bother my old Dad always said! My grandma put it a LITTLE more, well different! It's like peeing yourself in a black pair of pants she said! It gives you a LOVELY warm feeling but no-one really notices!))

One memory I have of Colorado is fishing a headwater near the top of the Divide and having the wind pick my fly, leader and line up off the water and blow it straight back into my face.

Not very warm when I was there (snow still on ground in May) but I have fished in 42ºC on the Lower Ord River in Australia - that was hot enough for me.

RNLI Governor

World species 471 : UK species 105 : English species 95 .

Certhia's world species - 215

Eclectic "husband and wife combined" world species 501

"Nothing matters very much, few things matter at all" - Plato

...only things like fresh bait and cold beer...

Another thing about Colorado that can sneak up on you. One mile - or more above sea level in much of the state. The sun's rays are extremely dangerous at that altitude. Even in May with snow on the ground. It can turn you into a crispy critter in no time at all. No place for a guy like me with red hair (when I had hair) fair skin and a British heritage.

(I didn't look but I suspect the highest temperatures are going to be on the "high planes" both West and East of the Rocky Mountains)

Phone

I'm headed for Steamboat Springs in August, but that's high in the Rockies, west of the plains. When I lived in Reno in the Great Basin summer temps were 105°F every day, without a cloud in sight. Water and green was scarse there, I can't say I miss it one bit.

I remember at work one day spotting some poor vagrant lying on the ground behind some bushes at midday, with nothing but a newspaper to cover his face from the hot sun. I told my boss about it, he investigated and told me to "forget it, he's just some vagrant." What a dick.

Be good and you will be lonely.
~ Mark Twain