Lake Guri Venezuela report June 2012

I just returned from yet another great trip from Lake Guri in Venezuela. My four clients had to postpone a day before setting off due to a family member's illness and with a non-refundable ticket in my hands, I just had to go!

I caught large Peacock Bass after Peacock Bass out of the flooded brush and from tree stumps no deeper than 4-5m only. They slammed some great baits I bought on the way in Brazil. These little 4" Deconto Moro Turbo in any colour just worked a treat. And I caught a few small PAyara up to 12 lbs and a magnificent 20.5lb clunker on a new Firetiger pattern 8" streamer fly I tied up the day before leaving.

Again my thanks to Steve Shoulders who put up with me yet again, fed and watered me and generally cracked me up each evening with tales of years gone by. This is truly a magical place, with 3,000,000 acres of water surrounded by lush rainforest.

Check out the pics below:

IMG_2798.jpg

IMG_2803.jpg

IMG_2807.jpg

IMG_2852.jpg

IMG_2866.jpg

IMG_2858.jpg

IMG_2861.jpg

IMG_2872.jpg

IMG_2886.jpg

IMG_2889.jpg

IMG_2784-1-12.jpg

IMG_2790-12.jpg

This trip has got to be on every angler's bucket list one day!!

Steve Townson

steve@amazon-angler.com

www.amazon-angler.com

Steve Townson - 'The Fish Finder'
steve@amazon-angler.com
www.Amazon-Angler.com

steve@africa-angler.com

www.africa-angler.com