Warm Summer in the US so far

Newt

Nice warm days are great but things have gone a bit overboard this year.

warm-summer.jpg

" My choices in life were either to be a piano player in a whore house or a politician. And to tell the truth, there's hardly any difference!" - Harry Truman, 33rd US President

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What are your night time temperatures Newt?

I'm not really bothered by hot daytime temps, but its difficult to sleep when its 30c at night.

We have had maximums of around 40C for most of this week.

Night time temps the last couple have been about 18 C, bloomin' 'orrible.

Winds from the south bringing hot air off the continent bumping into the usual cold

jet stream off the atlantic. Causing havoc, re the flood thread.

1509tarpon_75_.gif

Ayjay,

Very funny. Took me, a non-computer guy, a second look.

All,

We are on pace to break the 108 year old heat records. Wheat harvest turned out fine. Corn and soybeans are now in trouble and "good" crops are at best suspect.

Phone

As the good Captain says, high daytime temps are tolerable after a fashion but hot, humid nights are really tough to deal with. Thank goodness for airconditioning.

Today's high here was only about 37º but when I got home from work a bit after midnight, 27º with 98% humidity did not make for comfortable sleeping weather.

The mid & eastern US was treated to a derecho on Friday. If you aren't familiar with that weather term, you can look it up like I had to since it was also new to me.

" My choices in life were either to be a piano player in a whore house or a politician. And to tell the truth, there's hardly any difference!" - Harry Truman, 33rd US President

Newt, you're just showing off now... :P :P :P

At best we get 2 days of okay... <_< <_<

I am still waiting for these damn easterly winds to drop. I am waiting for the Jet stream to realize that it is in the wrong place.

I am waiting for the rain to stop.

My children break up for their 6 week break in 3 weeks and I am hoping that Summer might kick in before that...

@ Ayjay----love it.

Am I the only one in the UK that doesnt mind cool weather .I dread hot weather as I become very lethargic and sit inside or in the shade as , I speak the Mrs has closed the back door as there is a nice wind blowing through my house but she complains its cold

Number me with Rage it,s a shame Number me in Haste its a shame