Warm Summer in the US so far

Newt

Blimey that is hot Newt.

Like the others say, summer just isn't happening in the UK, most plants like tomatoes & Chillies have stalled as there isn't enough heat & sunlight for them.

Ajay, love it, i've nicked that for our gardening forum :D

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

http://www.lasprovincias.es/multimedia/fot...s-pallas-0.html

There are vast forest fires burning about 100km from me, at the moment over 50,000 hectares gone.

It was started accidentally by 2 men installing solar panels.

Another started by a lightning strike in a dry storm.

Every available aircraft is there, plus thousands of firefighters including military.

You can click on "images" to see more photos.

Here's today's severe weather for the eastern section of the US. The little pointer thing at the bottom of Alabama is where I live.

- Pink = heat warning with actual high temps to 100ºF+ (38ºC) and high humidity which gives a heat index of 110ºF+ (44ºC). With high humidity, sweat doesn't evaporate well so you don't get that cooling effect.

- Dark green = flood warnings. Last week's rain has most rivers in that area above flood stage.

- Yellow Outline = severe thunderstorm warnings.

warm-summer-2.jpg

" My choices in life were either to be a piano player in a whore house or a politician. And to tell the truth, there's hardly any difference!" - Harry Truman, 33rd US President

Am I the only one in the UK that doesnt mind cool weather .I dread hot weather as I become very lethargic and sit inside or in the shade as , I speak the Mrs has closed the back door as there is a nice wind blowing through my house but she complains its cold

Not at all. I can't stand the heat, let alone the humidity. When some on here boast about their hot weather I just think you're welcome. At least we don't get the extremes that they get.

Wingham Specimen Coarse & Carp Syndicates www.winghamfisheries.co.uk Beautiful, peaceful, little fished gravel pit syndicates in Kent with very big fish. 2017 Forum Fish-In Sat May 6 to Mon May 8. Articles http://www.anglersnet.co.uk/steveburke.htm Index of all my articles on Angler's Net

Am I the only one in the UK that doesnt mind cool weather .I dread hot weather as I become very lethargic and sit inside or in the shade as , I speak the Mrs has closed the back door as there is a nice wind blowing through my house but she complains its cold

I need a fishing shelter more in the Summer than I do in the Winter, Rob. Sunny climes are fine for those swarthy folks who can stand it...'fraid my Celtic complexion rules me out completely. Roll on the Autumn - definitely the best time of year (pity it's so short!).

"The most beautiful thing we can experience is the mysterious. It is the source of all true art and all science. He to whom this emotion is a stranger, who can no longer pause to wonder and stand rapt in awe, is as good as dead: his eyes are closed."

Here's today's severe weather for the eastern section of the US. The little pointer thing at the bottom of Alabama is where I live.

- Pink = heat warning with actual high temps to 100ºF+ (38ºC) and high humidity which gives a heat index of 110ºF+ (44ºC). With high humidity, sweat doesn't evaporate well so you don't get that cooling effect.

- Dark green = flood warnings. Last week's rain has most rivers in that area above flood stage.

- Yellow Outline = severe thunderstorm warnings.

warm-summer-2.jpg

Heat whats that i have never known a summer like this here in the uk and looking on the outlook for the uk low pressure just sits here around the uk for the foreseeable future more rain less sun its quite incredible really ,

http://www.weathercharts.org/wetterzentral...lp-forecast.htm

paul.

http://sea-otter2.co.uk/

Probably Whitby's most consistent charterboat

Untitled-1.jpg