Carp mouth care products

Sportsman

Totally agree ATS.

Andy Im not saying that small fish dont deserve the same amount of respect its just that no preparations known to maqn are going to re grow complete lips! SO exactly the same as with bigger fish its care that is needed to prevent/minimise the damage in the first place.

i know that mate :) just wondering if any one who religiously use it on carp on waters that dont enforce the antiseptic rule, if they use it on other species too. The whole thing seems aimed toward carp only when ever it comes up somewhere.

is there a roach mouth care kit? being sarcastic btw :)

Owner of Tacklesack.co.uk

Moderator at The-Pikers-Pit.co.uk

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i know that mate :) just wondering if any one who religiously use it on carp on waters that dont enforce the antiseptic rule, if they use it on other species too. The whole thing seems aimed toward carp only when ever it comes up somewhere.

is there a roach mouth care kit? being sarcastic btw :)

Sorry mate I see your point now, sadly it seems that a lot of today's fish care fanaticism is only directed at carp or in honesty I suppose carp and barbel as well.

And thats my "non indicative opinion"!

Andy84,

I pretty much stand by post #2; 11 and 28. In answer to your question in post #41 I sometimes do if I am catching a variety of species and I am forced to use a mat; because of circumstances (fish are visibly "out of sorts") or rules. As DD says, nothing works on the fishes mouth alone. Contact time is just to brief. But it certainly works on the angler as a absolution of sins.

Phone

What an absolute load of crap - these products are coming from an industry that has just invented a device you can use to cut boilies in half <_< - Dont know about you but I use a pen knife which is perfectly legal to carry IN your fishing kit.

Having been qualified to practice first aid for near on twenty years I can tell you that any wound needs to be covered to REDUCE (not 100% stop) the chance of infection.

Never seen anyone put a plaster on a fish after pouring money into its mouth.

And as I rave on - do the carp brigade also put this stuff on the other unwanted species they catch like bream for example?

I thought not :angry:

RUDD

Different floats for different folks!

why be wasting money buying the antisceptic just rub the injury against a tench and that will disinfect it

Azree

Let us see rather that like Janus—or better, like Yama, the Brahmin god of death—religion has two faces, one very friendly, one very gloomy...” Arthur Schopenhaur

All,

For what it's worth carp manufacturer and extract an abundant number of zeolites in the liver. There is little an angler can do externally to prevent internal disease or injury or expedite healing. An external cleaning of the area of unhooking (your mat) may, probably, will or has a chance of helping since that is where an infectious load is likely to be located and transfered fish to fish.

I feel like a broken record. Do I sound the same?

Phone

Edit: REGARDLESS of species or mix of species

Edited by Phone

There is little an angler can do externally to prevent internal disease or injury or expedite healing. An external cleaning of the area of

if you carry the correct charm made from the pharyngeal teeth of a carp cooked on christmas day then any future carp that the ownder of the charm catched will be unharmed and the torn up mouth will heal and not contract any desease

it also helps if you dab a little tench slime on the carps lips which you can collect and store in a little pot when ever you catch the tench fish by accident them being a nuisance species and all

Azree

Let us see rather that like Janus—or better, like Yama, the Brahmin god of death—religion has two faces, one very friendly, one very gloomy...” Arthur Schopenhaur