River Chub Fishing (near Brighton)

natty

After fishing lakes for almost all of my angling, I would like to give river fishing a go. Especially river chub fishing.

I live in Brighton and would happily drive up to 45 mins (the closer the better though). Can anyone recommended any rivers or streams within that distance of Brighton that would be suitable for some river chub fishing. I am not too bothered about the size of the fish and would prefer somewhere easy to start off with as I have very little river fishing experience.

Day tickets or free stretches would be better, but I would possibly join a club.

Any suggestions would be great.

After fishing lakes for almost all of my angling, I would like to give river fishing a go. Especially river chub fishing.

I live in Brighton and would happily drive up to 45 mins (the closer the better though). Can anyone recommended any rivers or streams within that distance of Brighton that would be suitable for some river chub fishing. I am not too bothered about the size of the fish and would prefer somewhere easy to start off with as I have very little river fishing experience.

Day tickets or free stretches would be better, but I would possibly join a club.

Any suggestions would be great.

Not my area Natty, but how about the Sussex Ouse? Google tells me of some good chub in there. Maybe you could find a tackle shop out that way to ask in.

A tiger does not lose sleep over the opinion of sheep

would happily drive up to 45 mins

I would possibly join a club.

River Ouse around Barcombe Mill - about half an hour from Brighton

You need to join the Ouse Angling and Preservation Society

http://www.ouseaps.co.uk/waters-available/

There ya go.

Edited by Vagabond

RNLI Governor

World species 471 : UK species 105 : English species 95 .

Certhia's world species - 215

Eclectic "husband and wife combined" world species 501

"Nothing matters very much, few things matter at all" - Plato

...only things like fresh bait and cold beer...