Overgunned tackle!

chrisinhackney

Barry,

It prevents a fast head shake and getting off. Sometimes there is a patch of weeds or lillys between the boat and the fish. Simply up and over is the technique. Newt can say more - - - or, he may want it unsaid. Really, I'm not an expert or even a beginner. It is quite colorful though.

Phone

Ok i can understand that, however, to me thats the difference between fishing and catching. Thats why the likes of both Worms and myself consider the 'balanced' wobbly rods as the method we would rather use.

Free to choose apart from the ones where the trust poked their nose in. Common eel. tope. Bass and sea bream. All restricted.

New for 2016 TAT are the main instigators for the demise of the u k bass charter boat industry, where they went screaming off to parliament and for the first time assisting so called angling gurus set up bass take bans with the e u using rubbish exaggerated info collected by ices from anglers, they must be very proud.

Upgrade, the door has been closed with regards to anglers being linked to the e u superstate and the failed c f p. So TAT will no longer need to pay monies to the EAA anymore as that org is no longer relevant to the u k . Goodbye to the europeon anglers alliance and pathetic restrictions from the e u.

Angling is better than politics, ban politics from angling.

Consumer of bass. where is the evidence that the u k bass stock need angling trust protection. Why won't you work with your peers instead of castigating them. They have the answer.

Recipie's for mullet stew more than welcomed.

Angling sanitation trust and kent and sussex sea anglers org delete's and blocks rsa's alternative opinion on their face book site. Although they claim to rep all.

new for 2014. where is the evidence that the south coast bream stock need the angling trust? Your campaign has no evidence. Why won't you work with your peers, the inshore under tens? As opposed to alienating them? Angling trust failed big time re bait digging, even fish legal attempted to intervene and failed, all for what, nothing.

Looks like the sea angling reps have been coerced by the ifca's to compose sea angling strategy's that the ifca's at some stage will look at drafting into legislation to manage the rsa, because they like wasting tax payers money. That's without asking the rsa btw. You know who you are..

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Barry,

I can understand that. I respect your idea. However those are million dollar fish hitting the deck. Not sporting at all!!! It's just presented on TV as sporting.

Phone

May I remind you they are just fish.

Barry,

I can understand that. I respect your idea. However those are million dollar fish hitting the deck. Not sporting at all!!! It's just presented on TV as sporting.

Phone

ahh yes, we have something like that overhere, called fishomania or something like that, they do it in an artificial muddy round pond and class that as sport. You can remind me however many times that they are just fish, won't make any difference between fishing and catching though.

Free to choose apart from the ones where the trust poked their nose in. Common eel. tope. Bass and sea bream. All restricted.

New for 2016 TAT are the main instigators for the demise of the u k bass charter boat industry, where they went screaming off to parliament and for the first time assisting so called angling gurus set up bass take bans with the e u using rubbish exaggerated info collected by ices from anglers, they must be very proud.

Upgrade, the door has been closed with regards to anglers being linked to the e u superstate and the failed c f p. So TAT will no longer need to pay monies to the EAA anymore as that org is no longer relevant to the u k . Goodbye to the europeon anglers alliance and pathetic restrictions from the e u.

Consumer of bass. where is the evidence that the u k bass stock need angling trust protection. Why won't you work with your peers instead of castigating them. They have the answer.

Angling sanitation trust and kent and sussex sea anglers org delete's and blocks rsa's alternative opinion on their face book site. Although they claim to rep all.

new for 2014. where is the evidence that the south coast bream stock need the angling trust? Your campaign has no evidence. Why won't you work with your peers, the inshore under tens? As opposed to alienating them? Angling trust failed big time re bait digging, even fish legal attempted to intervene and failed, all for what, nothing.

Looks like the sea angling reps have been coerced by the ifca's to compose sea angling strategy's that the ifca's at some stage will look at drafting into legislation to manage the rsa, because they like wasting tax payers money. That's without asking the rsa btw. You know who you are..

Barry,

Phone

Phone

The US bass fishing tournaments are sometimes televised over here and I have watched them catapult fish on to the deck.

I have seen them bounce them off the steering console and lose them, bounce them off the side of the boat and lose them and just pull the hook and lose them. Given that they have a boat partner standing there with a landing net and given how much one of those fish might be worth it did strike me as remarkably stupid but maybe there is method in their madness.

BTW, I agree, they are just fish.

Let's agree to respect each others views, no matter how wrong yours may be.

Never attribute to malice that which can be adequately explained by stupidity

http://www.safetypublishing.co.uk/
http://www.safetypublishing.ie/

I tend to use the lightest tackle that I feel is prudent, dependant upon the circumstances.

I fell that when playing a fish the harder you pull the harder they pull back so trying to horse them in leads to a violent reaction whilst gently guiding them in takes a little longer but means they don't exert themselves so much and so are less exhausted.

Who is most likely to be out of breath, someone who has just done a 400m flat out sprint or an 800m gentle jog?

Let's agree to respect each others views, no matter how wrong yours may be.

Never attribute to malice that which can be adequately explained by stupidity

http://www.safetypublishing.co.uk/
http://www.safetypublishing.ie/

I tend to use the lightest tackle that I feel is prudent, dependant upon the circumstances.

I fell that when playing a fish the harder you pull the harder they pull back so trying to horse them in leads to a violent reaction whilst gently guiding them in takes a little longer but means they don't exert themselves so much and so are less exhausted.

Who is most likely to be out of breath, someone who has just done a 400m flat out sprint or an 800m gentle jog?

Not only common sense but scientifically sensible as well! :thumbs:

Eating wild caught fish is good for my health, reduces food miles and keeps me fit trying to catch them........it's my choice to do it, not yours to stop me!

Worms,

Now I don't care how you fish - mox-nix. But when you try to bs a bs'er it becomes a matter of honor.

muscle fatigue vs muscle exhaustion is "studied" on fish farms. They want fish to eat and gain weight, quickly. Muscles are important to fish farmers.

Muscle Fatigue is short-term decline in the ability of a muscle to generate force.

Another way to describe muscle fatigue is as the short-term inability to continue to repeat muscular contractions with the same force (i.e. when the same or greater effort seems to result in output of lower mechanical force).

Muscle Exhaustion - when exercise continues through muscle fatigue after time it can lead to muscle exhaustion.

Don't break your arm patting Sportsman and yourself on the back. You're not doing the fish any favors. Since the don't have any (adp or apd or a?? - some chemical - I forget?) they don't have significantly different "short snap" and "long snap" muscles. (at least the the food fish industry can't detect any and the fish ain't talkin')

Once we "stick 'um" anglers kill 'em either quick or we stretch it out - but scientifially we "don't help" using either retrieve method.

Phone

With some fish species you would "win" IMO and some you would "loose" IMO. For example, mouth texture some fish lend them to 'ripped lips' (i.e. papermouth crappie). But others, especially cold water species in warmer water (most trout), can't tolorate exhaustion well.

edit: sp

Edited by Phone

Worms,

Now I don't care how you fish - mox-nix. But when you try to bs a bs'er it becomes a matter of honor.

muscle fatigue vs muscle exhaustion is "studied" on fish farms. They want fish to eat and gain weight, quickly. Muscles are important to fish farmers.

Muscle Fatigue is short-term decline in the ability of a muscle to generate force.

Another way to describe muscle fatigue is as the short-term inability to continue to repeat muscular contractions with the same force (i.e. when the same or greater effort seems to result in output of lower mechanical force).

Muscle Exhaustion - when exercise continues through muscle fatigue after time it can lead to muscle exhaustion.

Don't break your arm patting Sportsman and yourself on the back. You're not doing the fish any favors. Since the don't have any (adp or apd or a?? - some chemical - I forget?) they don't have significantly different "short snap" and "long snap" muscles. (at least the the food fish industry can't detect any and the fish ain't talkin')

Once we "stick 'um" anglers kill 'em either quick or we stretch it out - but scientifially we "don't help" using either retrieve method.

Phone

With some fish species you would "win" IMO and some you would "loose" IMO. For example, mouth texture some fish lend them to 'ripped lips' (i.e. papermouth crappie). But others, especially cold water species in warmer water (most trout), can't tolorate exhaustion well.

edit: sp

Sory Phone, don't agree with your opinion. Here's just one of many papers explaining muscle type and lactate production. Last paragraph of p213 is clear and succinct!

Eating wild caught fish is good for my health, reduces food miles and keeps me fit trying to catch them........it's my choice to do it, not yours to stop me!

Worms,

Your paper confirms what I suggested? I didn't mean to imply that fishes didn't have "different" muscles. I mean to imply that under stress they exert "maximum defensive force" either for 1 minute or for 10 minutes.They are not available independently on demand in fishes. You'll note they have no "chemical" (I forget the compounds - a??) that can kick in a second gear or "choice". Fatigue/exhaustion, as your paper shows, have no benefit one over the other. In fact, if I read it correctly "exhaustion" (your way) may be more harmful. Since "time" where it would be important is not relevant in that paper you would have to extrapolate a conclusion. I think killing fish with love and compashion still leaves us with a dead fish.

It (that paper) is interesting to me (and I hadn't seen it) that common carp and only common carp to my knowledge aquire much if not most of the trigger components from naturally occuring chitin. Chitin is the eqalivant of a non-essential amino acid for healthy carp.

Phone

Eaisest way to cut through the mustle and exaustion i can 'p' higer than you cr@p, is to have a nice long wobbly rod that acts like a spring along with a decent clutch that can be set right to allow the rod to do it's job. Thats called angling. As for those ripper guys who only see pound notes extrapolated, they are just catching and there is certainly no sceience attached.

And as for winding us up with your lovely reverance kissy kissy dead fish phone, would those ripping screen stars exert the same sort of affection to say the pig as they cut it up to use in a bacon sarnie, i think not, or do they.