UK Lure Angling Grand Slam Competition

ManchesterAngler

I am only canvassing opinions / interest at the moment so please give me some feedback regarding the following idea.

UK Lure Grand Slam Challenge 2012

13th & 14th October, hosted by Esthwaite Water.

ENTRY: Boat per person = £55 & kayak per person = £45.

A unique challenge afloat, incorporating both boat and kayak lure anglers competing to catch the longest combined length of three predators; Pike, Perch & Trout in one day!

Only the best multi skilled angler will prevail, in the ultimate lure angler’s challenge. Have you got what it takes to be the “UK Lure Grand Slam Champion”?

The competition's origin is from USA, whereby kayak anglers fish over a weekend (Day One: practice & Day Two: competition) to complete the challenge of catching three predators in one day. The longest combined length of a "Grand Slam Catch" is the winner. It's a competition designed to test and challenge anglers in their quest to catch their grand slam whilst competing in a friendly environment.

Last year saw the first UK Grand Slam competed by kayak anglers fishing to Esthwaite Water's fishery rules that included the use of dead baits and worms. This year I would like to make it a lure only event, however this is dependant on interest from lure anglers!

Because this is an individual event boat partners for the day of the competition will have to be randomly drawn to try and eliminate any cheating. Angler's may partner their mate in a boat on the practice day to work out tactics.

All fish have to be photographed against an official measure with a digital camera and then presented to the organiser at the end of the competition day. There will be two prize tables. Kayak: 1st, 2nd, 3rd and Boat 1st, 2nd, 3rd as well as an overall "Grand Slam Champ"

Please PM me if you are interested in order for me to assess whether it is viable to include boat anglers within the competition.

Many Thanks

Andrew Hoyle

FORMAT UPDATE

Savage Gear have offered to support the event with prizes depending on end format and interest :) .

It appears that a pairs competition would be a preferred format rather than my original individual competition with random draw for boat partner. This would totally separate the kayak and boat competition with no overall "Grand Slam Champ" but instead two Champions, one kayak and one boat.

So therefore, the UK Lure Grand Slam will be competed as a pairs competition for boat anglers and as an individual competition for kayak anglers. I am willing to pair individual boat anglers together if anybody requires this.

I need anglers to reserve tickets and indicate their interest within the next few weeks before the event can be arranged and tickets but on sale. You are under no commitment by reserving just showing an intention to fish the "Grand Slam".

Cheers

Andrew

I am only canvassing opinions / interest at the moment so please give me some feedback regarding the following idea.

UK Lure Grand Slam Challenge 2012

13th & 14th October, hosted by Esthwaite Water.

ENTRY: Boat per person = £55 & kayak per person = £45.

A unique challenge afloat, incorporating both boat and kayak lure anglers competing to catch the longest combined length of three predators; Pike, Perch & Trout in one day!

Only the best multi skilled angler will prevail, in the ultimate lure angler’s challenge. Have you got what it takes to be the “UK Lure Grand Slam Champion”?

The competition's origin is from USA, whereby kayak anglers fish over a weekend (Day One: practice & Day Two: competition) to complete the challenge of catching three predators in one day. The longest combined length of a "Grand Slam Catch" is the winner. It's a competition designed to test and challenge anglers in their quest to catch their grand slam whilst competing in a friendly environment.

Last year saw the first UK Grand Slam competed by kayak anglers fishing to Esthwaite Water's fishery rules that included the use of dead baits and worms. This year I would like to make it a lure only event, however this is dependant on interest from lure anglers!

Because this is an individual event boat partners for the day of the competition will have to be randomly drawn to try and eliminate any cheating. Angler's may partner their mate in a boat on the practice day to work out tactics.

All fish have to be photographed against an official measure with a digital camera and then presented to the organiser at the end of the competition day. There will be two prize tables. Kayak: 1st, 2nd, 3rd and Boat 1st, 2nd, 3rd as well as an overall "Grand Slam Champ"

Please PM me if you are interested in order for me to assess whether it is viable to include boat anglers within the competition.

Many Thanks

Andrew Hoyle

Latest Booking Info

6 x reserved entries, only 34 left!

BOAT = 5 x reserved, only 15 available.

KAYAK = 1 x reserved, only 19 available.

When you reach 15 posts, you will have full use of PMs.

" My choices in life were either to be a piano player in a whore house or a politician. And to tell the truth, there's hardly any difference!" - Harry Truman, 33rd US President