Gun Control

Sportsman

A crowbar, sledgehammer, or well-aimed cactus would sort out any burglar....

DSC_0009.jpg

B)

John S

Quanti Canicula Ille In Fenestra

Species caught in 2017 Common Ash, Hawthorn, Hazel, Scots Pine, White Willow.

Species caught in 2016: Alder, Blackthorn, Common Ash, Crab Apple, Left Earlobe, Pedunculate Oak, Rock Whitebeam, Scots Pine, Smooth-leaved Elm, Swan, Wayfaring tree.

Species caught in 2015: Ash, Bird Cherry, Black-Headed Gull, Common Hazel, Common Whitebeam, Elder, Field Maple, Gorse, Puma, Sessile Oak, White Willow.

Species caught in 2014: Big Angry Man's Ear, Blackthorn, Common Ash, Common Whitebeam, Downy Birch, European Beech, European Holly, Hawthorn, Hazel, Scots Pine, Wych Elm.
Species caught in 2013: Beech, Elder, Hawthorn, Oak, Right Earlobe, Scots Pine.

Species caught in 2012: Ash, Aspen, Beech, Big Nasty Stinging Nettle, Birch, Copper Beech, Grey Willow, Holly, Hazel, Oak, Wasp Nest (that was a really bad day), White Poplar.
Species caught in 2011: Blackthorn, Crab Apple, Elder, Fir, Hawthorn, Horse Chestnut, Oak, Passing Dog, Rowan, Sycamore, Willow.
Species caught in 2010: Ash, Beech, Birch, Elder, Elm, Gorse, Mullberry, Oak, Poplar, Rowan, Sloe, Willow, Yew.

Broadheads? nah mate, I use drop forged square bodkins....in case they're wearing chainmail...or kevlar :P

Bodkins are my pet hate! Had one in my arm from some tosser who thought it would be fun to shoot our shields with one at a re-enactment! Not pleasant at all! Luckily it only just pierced my leather bracer after going through the shield...drew blood though.....

Very much so Phone.

I am still of the mind that the machine doesn't kill but the mind behind it does mentality. If all the guns on the planet vanished tommorow all that would happen is we would degenerate to knife crime and if they went it would be clubs. We can't help being the species we are.

As for private gun ownership i'm not really all for or all against, perhaps more punitive penatlies for those guilty of gun crime, but if you are the point of armed robbery will you really care.

On the other hand I do want to hear more about your katana Kirisute. If you can keep curved edged weapons now then that means they are pre 1950s blades iirc or are we talking older. Edo period swords are like the mona lisa but harder to find

Very much so Phone.

I am still of the mind that the machine doesn't kill but the mind behind it does mentality. If all the guns on the planet vanished tommorow all that would happen is we would degenerate to knife crime and if they went it would be clubs. We can't help being the species we are.

As for private gun ownership i'm not really all for or all against, perhaps more punitive penatlies for those guilty of gun crime, but if you are the point of armed robbery will you really care.

On the other hand I do want to hear more about your katana Kirisute. If you can keep curved edged weapons now then that means they are pre 1950s blades iirc or are we talking older. Edo period swords are like the mona lisa but harder to find

doesnt mean that at all! you can keep and collect a katana as long as it is hand forged or your a licensed martial artist! luckily mine are, and i fit into the 2nd category! :)

"Samurai and other curved Swords - On April 6th 2008 a law came into effect banning samurai and other curved swords with a blade length of 50cm or more, there are some exceptions for registered martial artists, re-enactors and even certain genuine Japanese swords.

An amendment to this act was passed, which came into effect on the 1st of August 2008, which allows curved and samurai swords which are handmade using traditional forging/production methods to be sold without a license which you will see on the site and can buy and own without a license. "

gives a very rough summary of the law as it stands

i dont have anything period im afraid :( wish i did!

but no; i have several well crafted "modern" katana which are about as close as i can afford to get to the "real" thing at the moment. i did have a WW2 katana but gave it to a very close friend when he left the country.

they hang nicely on my walls along with a few "wall hanger" swords like the Conan movie replicas and a rapier. also my old re-enactment swords. if i had a bigger house i would have my armour out as well and make myself a little throne room! LOL!

This is an interesting thread, I hold a shot gun certificate that was reasonably easy to obtain all I had to prove is I had somewhere to use it, My suiterbility to hold the certificate was determined by a police superintendent based his access to my records and on the say so of two refferies and my doctors word that I wasnt twitchy, wether or not I would become twitchy some time within the five years my certificate is valid for could not reasonably be assesed by any one including me, so the decision to grant me a licence is based on what amounts to a risk assesment.

I had a conversation once at work with a group of work mates about the security measures they used at home I was amazed how many of them kept hammers, large blades,and all manner of bats and wrecking bars under their bed, all I had was my slippers a book and a packet of condoms. maybe before granting a fire arms licence a copper should look under an applicants bed after an un anounced visit It would speak volumes about a persons state of mind.

Home protection should only involve good locks a loyal dog and the telephone.

Someone once said to me "Dont worry It could be worse." So I didn't, and It was!

انا آكل كل الفطائر

I made a vow today, to never again argue with an Idiot they have more expieriance at it than I so I always seem to lose!

This is an interesting thread, I hold a shot gun certificate that was reasonably easy to obtain all I had to prove is I had somewhere to use it, My suiterbility to hold the certificate was determined by a police superintendent based his access to my records and on the say so of two refferies and my doctors word that I wasnt twitchy, wether or not I would become twitchy some time within the five years my certificate is valid for could not reasonably be assesed by any one including me, so the decision to grant me a licence is based on what amounts to a risk assesment.

I had a conversation once at work with a group of work mates about the security measures they used at home I was amazed how many of them kept hammers, large blades,and all manner of bats and wrecking bars under their bed, all I had was my slippers a book and a packet of condoms. maybe before granting a fire arms licence a copper should look under an applicants bed after an un anounced visit It would speak volumes about a persons state of mind.

Home protection should only involve good locks a loyal dog and the telephone.

and where have you been hiding mr, how the devil are you and how about having a fishing session, my old mucker, plenty out there fives. :)

Free to choose apart from the ones where the trust poked their nose in. Common eel. tope. Bass and sea bream. All restricted.

New for 2016 TAT are the main instigators for the demise of the u k bass charter boat industry, where they went screaming off to parliament and for the first time assisting so called angling gurus set up bass take bans with the e u using rubbish exaggerated info collected by ices from anglers, they must be very proud.

Upgrade, the door has been closed with regards to anglers being linked to the e u superstate and the failed c f p. So TAT will no longer need to pay monies to the EAA anymore as that org is no longer relevant to the u k . Goodbye to the europeon anglers alliance and pathetic restrictions from the e u.

Angling is better than politics, ban politics from angling.

Consumer of bass. where is the evidence that the u k bass stock need angling trust protection. Why won't you work with your peers instead of castigating them. They have the answer.

Recipie's for mullet stew more than welcomed.

Angling sanitation trust and kent and sussex sea anglers org delete's and blocks rsa's alternative opinion on their face book site. Although they claim to rep all.

new for 2014. where is the evidence that the south coast bream stock need the angling trust? Your campaign has no evidence. Why won't you work with your peers, the inshore under tens? As opposed to alienating them? Angling trust failed big time re bait digging, even fish legal attempted to intervene and failed, all for what, nothing.

Looks like the sea angling reps have been coerced by the ifca's to compose sea angling strategy's that the ifca's at some stage will look at drafting into legislation to manage the rsa, because they like wasting tax payers money. That's without asking the rsa btw. You know who you are..

Is that dear old Gazza's chum five bellies. LoL

"La conclusión es que los insultos sólo perjudican cuando vienen de alguien que respeto". e5006689.gif

“Vescere bracis meis”

fivebelliesphotos011.jpg:)

Free to choose apart from the ones where the trust poked their nose in. Common eel. tope. Bass and sea bream. All restricted.

New for 2016 TAT are the main instigators for the demise of the u k bass charter boat industry, where they went screaming off to parliament and for the first time assisting so called angling gurus set up bass take bans with the e u using rubbish exaggerated info collected by ices from anglers, they must be very proud.

Upgrade, the door has been closed with regards to anglers being linked to the e u superstate and the failed c f p. So TAT will no longer need to pay monies to the EAA anymore as that org is no longer relevant to the u k . Goodbye to the europeon anglers alliance and pathetic restrictions from the e u.

Angling is better than politics, ban politics from angling.

Consumer of bass. where is the evidence that the u k bass stock need angling trust protection. Why won't you work with your peers instead of castigating them. They have the answer.

Recipie's for mullet stew more than welcomed.

Angling sanitation trust and kent and sussex sea anglers org delete's and blocks rsa's alternative opinion on their face book site. Although they claim to rep all.

new for 2014. where is the evidence that the south coast bream stock need the angling trust? Your campaign has no evidence. Why won't you work with your peers, the inshore under tens? As opposed to alienating them? Angling trust failed big time re bait digging, even fish legal attempted to intervene and failed, all for what, nothing.

Looks like the sea angling reps have been coerced by the ifca's to compose sea angling strategy's that the ifca's at some stage will look at drafting into legislation to manage the rsa, because they like wasting tax payers money. That's without asking the rsa btw. You know who you are..

fivebelliesphotos011.jpg:)

Flipping hell mate where did you dig that out from nice tash though if i say so my self :lol:

Someone once said to me "Dont worry It could be worse." So I didn't, and It was!

انا آكل كل الفطائر

I made a vow today, to never again argue with an Idiot they have more expieriance at it than I so I always seem to lose!